Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text messages not sending or recieving SGS4

Hey everyone I have came across quite an annoying problem where I cannot send or receive texts, anyone else having the same problem With this or know how to fix it. also all calls I receive are coming up as unknown and I can't seem to find the setting to change it.thank you in advance for your help.

Default Re: Text messages not sending or recieving SGS4

Quote Originally Posted by Trey_Royer View Post
    Hey everyone I have came across quite an annoying problem where I cannot send or receive texts, anyone else having the same problem With this or know how to fix it. also all calls I receive are coming up as unknown and I can't seem to find the setting to change it.thank you in advance for your help.
    Hi Trey,
    A couple of quick questions to help narrow down the cause. Is it all text messages that you can't send or receive or just picture messages? If it's all text messages it could be a problem with provisioning but if it's picture messages that could indicate other issues.

i was on the phone with sprint last night with this problem..the phone will recieve text but cant send them..they reset the phone..provision it and nothing. i have an airave..they said they think its that device..my wife was able to text me when the phone wasnt in the home. Sprint is supposed to send a tech to check out the airave..

That's actually a known issue with the airave that comes up from time to time. Do you get an error code?

yeah i get a error code 97

There's some evidence it's a firmware issue with the airave and potentially the location the phone was either activated or last had a profile/prl update done. Some potential workarounds are out there though, like this one Airave and Text Messaging Error -97 - Mobile Product Support Forums I haven't tested it personally though.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by sergeantandroid View Post
    There's some evidence it's a firmware issue with the airave and potentially the location the phone was either activated or last had a profile/prl update done. Some potential workarounds are out there though, like this one Airave and Text Messaging Error -97 - Mobile Product Support Forums I haven't tested it personally though.
    thanks ill try this when my wife come home from work with the phone.

damn after reading that link it said i shouldve activated the phone out of range from the airave..smh..i did it in my home..while connected through the airave...smh

You might try updating the profile/prl when you're away from the Airave

Quote Originally Posted by pharaohdagreat View Post
    damn after reading that link it said i shouldve activated the phone out of range from the airave..smh..i did it in my home..while connected through the airave...smh
    If that indeed is the case perhaps having Sprint re-provision the phone while you are away from the Airave might solve the problem.

Sent From My SPH-L710 VIA Subspace
    Beamed From The Notable 4th Galaxy Via Subspace
    Thanked by:

What kind of phone are you using? A lot of sprint phones have a system update that allows you to update the profile (reprovision) manually.

Mine is doing the exact same thing! I called in to Sprint on Sunday..we ended up reseting the Airave...thought that fixed it but it started doing the same thing again just a little while ago. So I call Sprint again and he tells me to pull the battery out of the S4 and then unplug the Airave. I explained to him that I have NO signal here at home without it and that we will loose the call. So I un plug the Airave, call gets dropped and here I sit...15 min. waiting for the call to come through..nothing! So I plug the Airave back in...battery is still out of the S4...don't have a clue what to do next!
    Live every day like it is your last...because it COULD be!

ill try that,

i'm using the S4...i have HTC shift, my wife did to until i got her the S4...(I'm waiting on the note 3 ) i've never had this problem with the shift

It's an issue i've seen with the S3 before so it's not a stretch to imagine the s4 having that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sergeantandroid View Post
    It's an issue i've seen with the S3 before so it's not a stretch to imagine the s4 having that problem.
    awesome looks like updating the prl and profile away from home fixed the problem if it happens again i'll keep you guys updated

awesome looks like updating the prl and profile away from home fixed the problem if it happens again i'll keep you guys updated
    Awesome, glad I was able to help.