Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kolyan2k
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

Question Nova Launcher allowing Touchwiz launcher to appear upon backing out of apps

I have Nova Launcher Prime - just set it up on my new S4. It seems that the default with the home button is working fine...but when I leave an app by using the BACK button rather than the home button, it dumps me out to Touchwiz and I have to hit the home button again to get back to Nova.

Anyone else able to reproduce?

Thanks

Default Re: Nova Launcher allowing Touchwiz launcher to appear upon backing out of apps

Did you set Nova to be the default launcher?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,240 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: Nova Launcher allowing Touchwiz launcher to appear upon backing out of apps

Yes of course. Like I said, the home button brings me to Nova fine. It's just when I use the back button to leave apps it dumps me back to Touchwiz.

I have the same problem.

Try Apex, pretty much the same launcher, i actually like it more.
    himhimlo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreii View Post
    Yes of course. Like I said, the home button brings me to Nova fine. It's just when I use the back button to leave apps it dumps me back to Touchwiz.
    I have nova launcher on AT&T Galaxy S4 - this is not happening for me. Pressing back from an application gets me back to nova launcher.

Osho
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,240 Global Posts
    ROM

So as not to leave this thread hanging: this issue I had with Nova/Touchwiz on the first day or two that I had my S4 is long gone. I don't know what happened but it worked itself out and I have not had it happen once since then...very happy now.

I am having this problem with my S4. It appears that whenever you back out of a touchwiz launched intent it reverts back to the touchwiz home. For example, if I launch an app from the notification panel, and then back out of it, the touchwiz home appears. I can only assume they are adding their own home to the application stack when they are launching apps. It must be a bug because it is intermittent, I don't always get the touchwiz home sometimes it goes back to nova launcher. If anyone knows how to submit a bug report to them I would definitely do that.

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreii View Post
    So as not to leave this thread hanging: this issue I had with Nova/Touchwiz on the first day or two that I had my S4 is long gone. I don't know what happened but it worked itself out and I have not had it happen once since then...very happy now.
    I had the same issue with my GS4 on the first day I received it and installed Nova Prime. But either later that day or the next day, it stopped exhibiting that behavior. Not exactly sure if I did anything to stop it.

I installed nova yesterday and no problems. Its so smooth! I love it Just paid for the paid version.

Used to have that problem whenever I used google keep and backed out. It was like that for few days and the problem somehow disappeared all of sudden.
    Maybe one of the restarts or hard pull did it

I've been running the free version on my Bionic since last Thursday and it does this to me about 1 out of 10 times so it's not just s4 or paid version related.

Quote Originally Posted by oshogg View Post
    I have nova launcher on AT&T Galaxy S4 - this is not happening for me. Pressing back from an application gets me back to nova launcher.

Osho
    Same here. My primary launcher is Nova and Apex as secondary, neither of them defer back to TouchWiz.

Did you check in the Advanced Nova Settings "Aggressive Desktop"?

Is there anyway to set wallpaper in the app drawer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Restart after installing nova fixed the issue of backing out into touchwiz. Im assuming those who are saying it just fixed itself after a couple days most likely ended up doing a restart at some point which fixed it.

Mine did the same thing but it also fixed itself

sent from my galaxy s4

My Nova was defaulting to Apex for no reason.I opened up Nova settings and there was a warning that Nova wasn't the default! One press of the "make nova default" it was sorted

I think it happens that way because those apps were launched from the TouchWiz launcher. Close every open app and start launching from NOVA, shouldn't happen again.

I have the same issue. I'm running 4.3 on a note 3, rooted. I have Next Launcher set as my default. Every time i use the back button to leave an app, it goes to touchwiz. The home button takes me to Next Launcher.
    Update: rebooting the phone seems to have fixed it. I'll watch it for a few days.