Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

Question Light Flow on the Galaxy S4 - working properly for you?

Hey guys - just looking to get any input on Light Flow's stability on the S4. There were significant issues with the S3 so I'm hesitant to install but I'm going to go ahead and be a guinea pig and let you know what a find.

Please post your findings as well.

Thanks

Global Posts
    766 Global Posts

Default Re: Light Flow on the Galaxy S4 - working properly for you?

It works fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM

I'm reading on XDA that there are some talkback issues, as there were on the S3...the dev is already working on a fix...already ordered an S4 JUST to fix it for us. Great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreii View Post
    Hey guys - just looking to get any input on Light Flow's stability on the S4. There were significant issues with the S3 so I'm hesitant to install but I'm going to go ahead and be a guinea pig and let you know what a find.

Please post your findings as well.

Thanks
    you don't even need the app....the LED notification colors finally work
    Thanked by:
    20blks 

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    you don't even need the app....the LED notification colors finally work
    Explain further. Iv tried changing colors for different things but cannot find out how.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

There are talkback issues in the stock browser and also if you long press an item in the gallery. Using chrome works fine - as it's not written by samsung :-) as do custom galleries.
    They really need to realise that the one shipped accessibility service isn't the only existing one. I thought after getting a fix ready for a similar issue on the s3 they wouldn't have messed up on the s4.

@eyecon82 I'm a little unsure what you mean also. Colors that issue specific notification colors will show their colors, everything else will be blue plus there won't by any color cycling or configuration of colors.

I'm working on a version which restricts the notification list to ones that don't need accessibility and then I'll go onto writing a root only method by bypassing the accessibility service and monitoring events in a different way that stock android doesn't have permissions to do so.
    Author of Light Flow

I had LightFlow installed and then unistalled but now everytime i hold a pic in the stock gallery my phone starts speaking out loud that i've selected it!!! It's so annoying! Any suggestion on how to fix this??? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo Marchiorello Dal Corno View Post
    I had LightFlow installed and then unistalled but now everytime i hold a pic in the stock gallery my phone starts speaking out loud that i've selected it!!! It's so annoying! Any suggestion on how to fix this??? Thanks!
    Make you there's nothing selecting in your phone settings->accessibility
    I'd also try a phone reboot.
    Author of Light Flow
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by andrewpmoore View Post
    Hi Andrew - I've tried different settings but currently my LED is not functioning at all through Light Flow. Notification sounds seem to be working fine though. I'm not sure if it's my settings or perhaps it's due to my import of settings from my S3. I'm hoping your fix works so I don't have to start from scratch. Changing the sounds alone after restoring a backup takes a good 20 minutes of monotonous screen tapping!

Thanks again and I look forward to your fix.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreii View Post
    Hi Andrew - I've tried different settings but currently my LED is not functioning at all through Light Flow. Notification sounds seem to be working fine though. I'm not sure if it's my settings or perhaps it's due to my import of settings from my S3. I'm hoping your fix works so I don't have to start from scratch. Changing the sounds alone after restoring a backup takes a good 20 minutes of monotonous screen tapping!

Thanks again and I look forward to your fix.
    Did you take the whole lightflow directory or just the backup file? Don't take the whole directory as some things get caches and won't be reprocessed on the new phone.
    Author of Light Flow

Did both things but still getting TalkBack problems... If a fix is found please let me know...!

If light flow is not working, then you should give light manager a try. It works great on my Note 2.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by blitz118 View Post
    If light flow is not working, then you should give light manager a try. It works great on my Note 2.
    do you have to be rooted? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    do you have to be rooted? thanks
    No, you do not have to be rooted.

You have to be rooted for lots of apps to work correctly with light manager. I've got a version of lightflow coming later this week which will restrict the notification list any bypass the accessibility service.

- - - Updated - - -

@Michelangelo Do you have any other apps using the accessibility service?
    Author of Light Flow
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM

I only restored the backup file. I did not edit out the per-contact settings as per your suggestion at XDA...

It will work without root.

Global Posts
    5,933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blitz118 View Post
    It will work without root.

Uh, no. It will only work without rooting for texts, missed calls, Gmail, Google Talk, and calendar reminders. That's it. As you can see below, if you want notifications for (non-Gmail) email -- EMAIL!! -- or Facebook, Twitter, or any other application that gives notifications (e.g., VVM, weather, etc.), you have to root.

The annoying talkback bug is a problem for me with Light Flow, though. I'm hopeful the version Andrew mentioned is coming out later in the week fixes this. Then I will get the paid version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Light Flow on the Galaxy S4 - working properly for you?-screenshot_2013-05-08-08-13-50.jpg  

The TalkBack issue on the Galaxy S4 is not just limited to LightFlow, but any app that needs to use Accessibility Services, including some DashClock extensions. Pretty annoying ,especially because I had no idea why the stock browser was reading things aloud even though the TalkBack setting was off, and spent a bit of time trying to figure out what was going on. Never owned a Galaxy S3 previousl, but the fact that users are saying the same issue was on the S3 previously and Samsung fixed it, you would have thought the issue couldn't possibly rear its ugly head again in the Galaxy S4, but yet it has. I hope Samsung comes out with a fix for this soon.

Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

NoLed is a good app to have. I've used it on previous phones and plan on using it for my S4 when it comes in from Verizon

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

I've just release version 3.7.0 of the app which adds an option to not use the accessibility service (with a more limited notification list). The list won't include quite a few popular apps but should offer more than another led controlling app without root ;-)

I'm glad to see samsung have confirmed this issue today (after a rather lengthy phone call to them today)

Here's what their developers forum shows from today:

Dear Developers,

Sorry for your incovenience.

We are aware of this issue and we will release a software update to address this issue soon.
    But we hope you understand that the release date could be different for each carrier/country.

Samsung Developers.
    Author of Light Flow
    Thanked by:
    jeffreii likes this.

this accessibility bug is very annoying....it breaks the Gallery too. I even uninstalled TalkBack but it still reading things out loud

I've just release version 3.7.0 of the app which adds an option to not use the accessibility service (with a more limited notification list). The list won't include quite a few popular apps but should offer more than another led controlling app without root ;-)
    This is excellent as I really like the app, however, just really need notifications for the basics (Gmail, SMS, MMS, missed call, low battery), thank you for the fix!
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM

Light Flow is working perfectly for me since the update. Thanks Andrew!

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Andrew I am running the latest version 3.7.1 on my SGS4-Att and the notification alerts that i set dont seem to function.
    I have no idea what setting is off, either device or app driven setting.
    Any guidance would be appreciated but I checked thoroughly and ensured that lightflow is enabled.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast