Email takes too long too receive

Timback

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know why it takes a long time for the email to show up on the phone?. Is there a setting I am missing?

I see the email received in my laptop, but it takes about 5-7 min to show up on the phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know why it takes a long time for the email to show up on the phone?. Is there a setting I am missing?

I see the email received in my laptop, but it takes about 5-7 min to show up on the phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

In the stock email program (hit menu button in while in the program then Settings > Added accounts > Sync Schedule), the default is syncing with the server every hour. The lowest setting is every 15 minutes. Only the Gmail app will give you push/instantaneous email (there are also Yahoo and Outlook.com email apps, but I'm not sure whether they are push-like). If you want the server on your other accounts to be checked more frequently than every 15 minutes, you'll have to get a third-party email app like Aquamail from the Play Store. Such programs can check the server every minute if you want, but probably every 5 minutes would be better, particularly if you have multiple accounts.