Loose charger port

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Plug in my charger and it wiggles really bad. The phone charges fine, but I am thinking this will get worse over time. Does anyone know if you ordered the phone through customer care, if you'll be able to do an exchange at a corporate store?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
My charging port is loose too but I am using my old charger from S3. Does it do the Same with charger that comes with it?

At least for me it does. Gonna go to AT&T anyway today just to be on the safe side.

This could become more loose over time and develop into a much more severe problem.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah if you feel the USB port is showing signs of a loose fitting I would address it now. It will only get worse with time.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah if you feel the USB port is showing signs of an insecure fitting I would address it now. It will only get worse with time.

Exactly. You plug it in and its not really snug. It wiggles. You can tell the port itself is loose by this. Obviously, its not tightened all the way. I understand though, as these things are being rushed out ASAP. I just hope my local AT&T store as at least one black mist S4 that's defect free. I will be checking before i leave. Hope they don't charge me a 35 restocking fee.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would be firm on your demand. After all the USB port is the lifeline to everything on your phone.

Charging, syncing, etc..

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. You plug it in and its not really snug. It wiggles. You can tell the port itself is loose by this. Obviously, its not tightened all the way. I understand though, as these things are being rushed out ASAP. I just hope my local AT&T store as at least one black mist S4 that's defect free. I will be checking before i leave. Hope they don't charge me a 35 restocking fee.

You have 30 day in store warranty. No restock fee for warranty exchanges. After 30 days it is mail order unless you have a service center close by.

Another reason I like wireless charging. Less wear and tear on the USB port. Not that that would have helped in this case with a defective port.

Sent from my Nexus 4