Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hitlistbombshell
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What phone best fits my needs?

I know, I know, GS4 vs HTC One threads are abundant but I need to know which to get. My iPhone contract ends this month, and I can't decide what to get. As a high school student, I need something with a great browser (although that's always near the bottom of my list), a great keyboard, an excellent camera, and good messaging abilities. Screen size, build, and features are also important.

I know the One has a great build, ok camera, and awesome speakers. However, the GS4 seems like it will dominate just as the GS3 did, and with some features being targeted to sharing with friends, it could become a nice toy. So, what phone do you think will better suit my needs.

Default Re: What phone best fits my needs?

From your previous posts (1 and 2), it seems like you already have the One and 'like it twice as much as your iPhone 5', so I don't see the point of this thread, unless you're planning on exchanging this for an S4. If I'm mistaken in my assumptions... apologies.

Edit: If you're genuinely looking for advice, my post doesn't really add anything to this thread, so sorry OP.
    Last edited by EverNap; 05-02-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EverNap View Post
    From your previous posts (1 and 2), it seems like you already have the One and 'like it twice as much as your iPhone 5', so I don't see the point of this thread, unless you're planning on exchanging this for an S4. If I'm mistaken in my assumptions... apologies.
    Dude, that's so stalker-ish. Quick, now go read all my previous posts!
    Never motivate an id10t because after that you will have a motivated id10t. See troll...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by EverNap View Post
    Actually, that was a loan. Thanks though!

Like I mentioned in a similar thread on how to decide which one is better for you, I'd recommend you come up with a list of everyday tasks you see yourself doing a lot, and try doing a few of them on each phone. See which one fits your way of working better, and makes you smile more as you use it!
    Regard all phenomena as dreams...

Global Posts
    4,339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

How can you rely on people to make a phone decision for you? Just get the one the best suits your needs and go with it.

Why do you want to leave apple? What didn't it have that android does? Just curious.
    Never motivate an id10t because after that you will have a motivated id10t. See troll...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    How can you rely on people to make a phone decision for you? Just get the one the best suits your needs and go with it.
    Well, sir. Not looking for someone to tell me, but simply for assisstance.

Global Posts
    4,339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by hitlistbombshell View Post
    Well, sir. Not looking for someone to tell me, but simply for assisstance.
    Okay, I understand that.....but on the same token, I opt for the S4 (if they release a 32gb version on Verizon) versus the One. I will never have a device where I can't remove the battery or add a MicroSD card. Personal preference for me but since you test drove a One for a bit, you know how those are.

I find it coincidental at there was another question on this forum for a high school student...anyways this is what I suggested:

Well I think you should go for the S4:
    Well the S4 has a bigger screen, so definitely useful for typing and reading class notes
    Also has a great Story Mode feature for when you graduate, you can take many pics, and even print out your own year book
    Also has the ability to change the color of the LED to any color of your choosing for different apps
    Also if you take a language class, you can use S-Translate to translate words for you (I wouldnt suggest using it to cheat on your test)
    You can use Multi window to text or write notes while you search school topics on Wiki from the browser, or watch educational videos on YouTube
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by scaryhumor View Post
    Why do you want to leave apple? What didn't it have that android does? Just curious.
    Just bored with the plainness on iOS.
    EverNap likes this.