Eating up so much memory

rootyourphones

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I just notice my s4 is eating alot of memory a total of 1gb after closing all apps I think this will become a big issue soon .my note 2 eat less memory ram.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The note may use less but doesn't have all the smart scroll features and stuff.. If you have those on they have to run somewhere.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

rootyourphones

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
It keeps going up im only listening to music that is it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367464081571.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367464081571.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 44

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
this whole issue of free memory has been beaten to death.
if your device is running very low on memory and getting than you have cause for concern. otherwise use and enjoy your phone. stop worrying about free memory. the android os learns loads programs into memory that you might use for faster loading.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

rootyourphones

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
This is all its running in background even after killing 20 times.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367464450546.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367464450546.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 40

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
if your device is running very low on memory and getting than you have cause for concern. otherwise use and enjoy your phone. stop worrying about free memory. the android os learns loads programs into memory that you might use for faster loading.

This!

People need to stop worrying about free memory and whats running the background!!!!!!!!!

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
This is all its running in background even after killing 20 times.

If you had a true analytical tool, like System Panel paid version, you could see that those cached apps are mostly using roughly zero cpu. The rest are probably close to zero, except maybe for the launcher. In other words, you are misinterpreting the data in front of you, or maybe just misapplying it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
My phone locked up a few times andcyes I should be worried I just bought the damn phone it should be this sloe.

No, you shouldn't. Linux does not work like a windows pc. Having a ton of free ram is not a good thing. Using over a gig does not matter.

If your phone locked up a few times that means you have an app that is unstable.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Chantella Jackson

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

(I am talking to DreamSTi too btw) I think that if people want to worry then they should be able to. I worry too. LOTS of apps run on the background of my phone and slow it down too, even after I have installed virtual ram, and I just had to uninstall my Twitter app because it uses a lot of ram for the phone I have at the moment(a hand-me-down ascend 2 which had only about 150mb of ram, but I have swap on). Anyways, I feel like it's getting "beaten to death" because people are actually having problems, and also I feel like they have a right to not have apps running on their phone if they don't want them to be and they have a right to ask about it too without someone being upset with them because they aren't hurting anyone. <3

To help with this question that rootyourphones posted(even though this is kinda an old post), I read somewhere that stopping the apps uses up your cpu and battery power more because sometimes the apps will restart themselves(you said that already though). I think that IF you can, go ahead and uninstall the apps that are causing all the memory usage. Like with me, I don't use twitter much but I like to have the app, but it uses a LOT of memory and it always restarts itself, so I just had to uninstall it. But if you don't wanna do that then I understand, that was just what I did. I also have Clean Master which came with GO Launcher, and I click the little button and it cleans my ram up, but some system apps do continue to restart themselves. Some of them I might have to go and freeze or uninstall...

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I was a bit concerned with this at first too. I'm pretty happy with where I'm at now. Right now I have 865 MB/1.78 GB. When I first clear the memory, I have under 800 MB of RAM. I've disabled all of the gimmicky crap and disabled almost all bloatware. Also, try shutting your phone off and then starting it up again. I've noticed that it seems to help if you do that every once in a while. Turn WiFi off when you aren't using it.

Honestly, we shouldn't really be worried about this that much. As they say, unused RAM is wasted RAM.