Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Davyo
  • 3 Post By Nreeldeep
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Thumbs down Annoying Sidebar .... What Mental Midget Thought That Was A Good Idea ?

Just came over from the N4 on AT&T.

I'm able to stomach almost everything on the new Touchwiz except the confounded sidebar.

I have never once purposely opened it but my big sausage fingers accidentally open it about every 15 seconds, and then its in my way.

Other than rooting, does anyone know if theres a way to make the sidebar go away ?

I have moved it from one side to the other but nothing helps.

I want it gone !

Hebrews 13:8

Default Re: Annoying Sidebar .... What Mental Midget Thought That Was A Good Idea ?

There is a manual that came with a phone and also the manual sticky thread.
    Having said that... I can't find it in the manual, lol. (didn't look to well though)

If I remember correctly I think you just hold down the back button.. not sure if this is a perm fix though.

Default Re: Annoying Sidebar .... What Mental Midget Thought That Was A Good Idea ?

I'm pretty sure you can completely disable it somewhere in settings. I think there's also a quick toggle for it

Quote Originally Posted by brianphrack View Post
    There is a manual that came with a phone and also the manual sticky thread.
    Having said that... I can't find it in the manual, lol. (didn't look to well though)

If I remember correctly I think you just hold down the back button.. not sure if this is a perm fix though.
    Tap twice and hold down on the second tap

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy S 4
    Galaxy S4 >>>>>> your phone

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post

I'm able to stomach almost everything on the new Touchwiz except the confounded sidebar.

I have never once purposely opened it but my big sausage fingers accidentally open it about every 15 seconds, and then its in my way.

Other than rooting, does anyone know if theres a way to make the sidebar go away ?

I want it gone !

Settings>My Device>Display>Uncheck Multi window

Then it will not appear.
    Thanked by 4:

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Calidoc View Post

Then it will not appear.
    Cool,,,,, thanks for posting that.

Cheers
    Davyo
    brianphrack likes this.

Thankfully it can be removed. In the time I got to fiddle with the phone I found it rather irritating, and not really all that useful.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Then it will not appear.
    Thank you !

Hebrews 13:8

Then it will not appear.
    Hee Haw!
    Thanks
    Last edited by jhill110; 05-02-2013 at 05:50 AM.

Like someone else already said, just holding down the back button will get rid of it.

I love the multi Window feature

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post
    Like someone else already said, just holding down the back button will get rid of it.
    Thanks I didn't get it the first time

Sent From My SPH-L710 VIA Subspace
    Sent From The 3rd Galaxy Via Subspace

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

It's useful if you want the split screen but other than that not too much benefit since they limited the apps they made available. Once we get the bootloader opened up we can see about more stuff in there like they did on the Note 2

The easy way to do it is hold down the back button - it will go away
    same to make it re-appear

Page 37 of the manual

THE

I want it gone !

Mental midgets don't read the included manual.

turn of multi window in your settings

I want it gone !

Thats for the multi window, drag one of the apps on the sidebar to the top and another on the bottom to run 2 apps at the same time
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -