How to change the background color to black on contacts ???

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how to change the background color from white to black on the contacts screen ???

Thanks much in advance.

Cheers
Davyo

Last edited:

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to change the background color to black on contacts and messaging ???

Giving my question a little bump.

Cheers
Davyo

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site

I second this request. Also, the phone call screen is bright white now... drains the battery and is absolutely ugly. Would love to change it to the way my old Note was... white text on black background.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Can't. Your stuck with the white background like your stuck with the white dialer background with no way to change it. The S3's were black and looked much better IMHO. The only way to change the color is to use a 3rd party contacts and dialer app.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to change the background color from white to black on the contacts screen ???

Thanks much in advance.

Cheers
Davyo

I'd like to know as well, although I think it's impossible right now without a 3rd party app. It's a shame they used white themes on an AMOLED Display, where the blacks are truly stunning

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yep,, the white backround sucks,,,, I loved the black backround on my GS3 and Note 2,,,,, why did Samsung switch it (at least for the USA versions)

Cheers
Davyo

djsilver6

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree, I love the black background. And if you're in the dark and need to call someone the all-white is blinding.

Would it be possible to root and then use Titanium Backup to install the GS3 dialer?

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Figured I would revive my original thread question to see if anyone ever found a fix the making the GS4's contacts background to blacklike it was on my old Note 2 and my GS3.

I keep looking for apps but cant find any yet.

WTF Samsung, ,,, why did you take away the cool black background for the contacts list,,,,,,, at least we can keep the black background for texting,,,,,, but I sure do miss the black background on the contacts listings.

Anyone found an app or a fix yet ?????

Thanks in advace.
cheers
davyo

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Figured I would revive my original thread question to see if anyone ever found a fix the making the GS4's contacts background to blacklike it was on my old Note 2 and my GS3.

I keep looking for apps but cant find any yet.

WTF Samsung, ,,, why did you take away the cool black background for the contacts list,,,,,,, at least we can keep the black background for texting,,,,,, but I sure do miss the black background on the contacts listings.

Anyone found an app or a fix yet ?????

Thanks in advace.
cheers
davyo

I'd like it in black too

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

It's already been mentioned in this thread, but because these are system components, there's very little chance there will be any "app or fix" to change it. It would have to come from an update from Samsung or you'd have to be rooted and install a different version of the app or a ROM with dark-themed versions.

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I figured I would bring this thread back from the dead to see if there is an app yet to make the contacts screen black with white text, I've been still searching for an app or fix (without rooting) on Google play and Samsung Apps but have still had no luck, and still loath my white contacts screen.

Damn you Samsung, the black contacts screens on my GS3 and Note 2 were so cool, why did ya have to screw it up on the GS4 ???

And going by this thread and other comments I have seen online most other GS4 owners are un-happy about it as well.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers
Davyo

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I figured I would bring this thread back from the dead to see if there is an app yet to make the contacts screen black with white text, I've been still searching for an app or fix (without rooting) on Google play and Samsung Apps but have still had no luck, and still loath my white contacts screen.

I'm with you. I love the black themes with white lettering.
Have you experimented over the months with any 3rd party dialers?

erifneci73

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Anyone ever find a fix for this? Upgraded to S4 today and white contact screen is blinding. If not can you suggest a good app? I really don't want to attempt rooting a brand new phone and mess it up. Any help appreciated!