Galaxy S4: Connecting S4 to Mac

Takuro Robinson

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Please help. I'm a new Android user and I don't know much about it.

I'm trying to connect my S4 to my Mac so I can sync some music to my phone. I have double twist and also purchased air sync since USB connection don't work on doublwTwist with S4's. I created network with my Mac but my S4 don't see the network created. I thought it was my Mac with the problem so I tried using my iphone to see if mh iphone finds it and it see it with no problem. The S4 sees all other network including my iPhone but just not my Mac. Has anyone ran into this problem or know the solution? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Takuro Robinson

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Connecting S4 to Mac

Yeah I have that as well. I need to upload my itunes music into my S4 and my problem is the phone isn't recognizing my Mac's wifi.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Please help. I'm a new Android user and I don't know much about it.

I'm trying to connect my S4 to my Mac so I can sync some music to my phone. I have double twist and also purchased air sync since USB connection don't work on doublwTwist with S4's. I created network with my Mac but my S4 don't see the network created. I thought it was my Mac with the problem so I tried using my iphone to see if mh iphone finds it and it see it with no problem. The S4 sees all other network including my iPhone but just not my Mac. Has anyone ran into this problem or know the solution? Thanks in advance.

Have you tried android file transfer? I have a Mac computer and need this in order to get my Mac to read my phone.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

xioser

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

Try Easy Phone Sync, we updated a note 2 on macbook pro, took all the data from an iphone. Works a treat, as long as your using the content from an iphone though

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I tried Klies, it seems a lot work to transfer files.

Android File Transfer is great, when it works. I don't what it is but sometimes it take a few attempts before my iMac (2013) recognizes my hTc One or it stops working where I have to Force Quit. Why couldn't all androids have removable storage. :( My last two hTc (One X & EVO 3D) I didn't need to use AFT, I was able to access the Drive through Finder and drag & drop. Did hTc disabled/removed this method?

Take advantage of S4's removable storage and get a microSD, it's the easiest and fastest way is just drag & drop. Also, you can format the microSD to "ExFat" and transfer files that's over 4GB. I have Movies in 1080P that's 7-8GB.

nvoll84

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site

I uploaded my entire iTunes to Google Play and then download the songs I want over wifi to any device I want to have select songs local.

garry1bowie

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site

It's a fantastic app, I love it. Use that all the time as for some reason Kies has never worked for me on any of my Macs. Hoping to get my S4 today.
Yeah I was gonna say try AirDroid....get it from the app store its AMAZING!
Transfer files over WIFI and even text from your PC

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Use air droid or if you want to use a USB cable use android file transfer. BUT, android file transfer won't work if you have installed kies. You have to uninstall kies first.

I would suggest you try using Google play music, then you can still use iTunes for music and podcasts and they automatically sync with your cloud and you can stream or download them to your phone as you want.

Posted via Android Central App

jaymojones

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

Delete Klies and download Android file transfer. AFT and Klies don't work together though. In my usage, I find AFT, to be much better. Also, there is an app called iSyncr for Mac. I have it and have downloaded my entire iTunes library to my phone. They even have a wireless add on.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

HangEmHigh79

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

So I installed Android File Transfer on my Macbook running 10.6.8. I have a 32GB mini SD in the S4 that has media stored on it that can be accessed through the phone. I connect the phone via USB in media device mode, open up AFT and get this error : "Could not connect to device Try reconnecting or restarting device". Obviously I have rebooted the comp and the S4 but it continues to give me this error. Any thoughts or solutions?

EDIT: False alarm guys. I initially downloaded and tried Kies, didn't work BTW, and didn't uninstall the program files. Did that and AFT is now seeing and connecting with the S4. So if anyone else is having this issue be sure to open the Kies pkg and go through the uninstall link rather than just deleting the program.

Last edited:

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

One warning on Kies. After finally getting it to work on my iMac and Macbook, I noticed that it was had high cpu usage and even caused my fans to go at max rpm.

GeneralSunZi

May 18, 2013
Visit site

One warning on Kies. After finally getting it to work on my iMac and Macbook, I noticed that it was had high cpu usage and even caused my fans to go at max rpm.
I am afraid that the status of Samsung Mac support is an authentic scandal!
Recommended: AFT and Air Droid.
Please avoid Kies at all costs: it keeps re-updating itself, is a miserable straight port from the Win version, and has a much narrower set of features than the PC version.
Not that Win support is much better though: bought an ASUS Win 8 portable, exclusively to re-flash an S4 I bricked (fiddling with Titanium Pro after rooting it), and I find that it is extremely unstable, reboots all the time, the Samsung USB drivers won't install, though Samsung states they should, etc.
Am still wondering which is the ideal platform for working with S4's - maybe Win XP...