Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Want an S4 coming from Nokia Lumia 920, couple questions

Hey question, i have a nokia lumia 920, i was wondering if the galaxy s4 battery is better with the battery life. I have had problems with my nokia getting hot and battery draining. I want to get the S4 so badly but i see some people are having problems with their battery. I see its sporadic just like it was with the 920. Anyone have a Nokia lumia 920 and moved to s4 or used both? If itll last me 13 or more hours with medium usage i think thats good. My lumia went 24 hours one time with really light usage. Should i get it now or wait a month or so to where samsung fixes with updates? and is the 16 gb version too little i heard? i want to download many apps and i dont think itd save on the sd card.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Re: Want an S4 coming from Nokia Lumia 920, couple questions

hey android fanboys why no reply?

Fanboys? Ha cute

Sent from my ATT Galaxy S4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

haha im messing around, im sure im gonna be one too soon, hows ur s4 doing? how long does ur battery last? i checked it out at att yesterday and loved the phone. How often do you use it? any bugs?

Well I can tell you this. I bought a lumia 920 in March. Went to trade it in on the S4 a couple weeks ago. My AT&T store would only give me $80 credit on it. Sold it on Gazelle for $145. (if that means anything) Anyway, I would classify myself as a somewhat "medium" user. 6-12 calls/day, light video surfing (you-tube etc)..and checking e-mails throught the day. (personal and push corporate) Oh, and i'm on 4g- LTE and have BT,Wi-fi, gesture control, and screen brightness set on max. (my work commute is 45 minutes one way so i like to have it paired while in the car.) My phone's on from 5am -7-30pm and i'll have between 25-30% battery left. Now your usuage may vary but for me, I have no problems with battery whatsoever. And like you I've noticed that the Nokia was running alittle hot. I'll also share with you that having the S4 in your pocket compaired to the 920 will be like having a feather as to how heavy the Nokia was!!!

To your second question, 16gb as stated on the phone, you'll have about 9 gigs (maybe a little less) for on board storage right out of the box. However, spend the $20 and get a 32 GB Micro SD card and your set. IMHO the S4 kicks a**! I'm totally happy with mine.
    And yes, I even checked out the HTC One prior to getting the S4, and for me, this was the best choice.
    -Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyvv View Post
    haha im messing around, im sure im gonna be one too soon, hows ur s4 doing? how long does ur battery last? i checked it out at att yesterday and loved the phone. How often do you use it? any bugs?
    I know u were joking and I LOVE my s4. Battery on this is WAY better than the s3. I'm definitely a power user and I usually get thru the day fine but if not then I charge it for awhile and the charger is so good. It charges crazy fast

Sent from my ATT Galaxy S4
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Thanks for the replies I appreciate it. Ya the Lumia got hot alot. I'll try to wait for the 32 GB s4 but I don't know when they're gonna release it.j