hitlistbombshell

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Finally had the chance to play with the S4 for at least an hour and a half at my local AT&T store. I am absolutely blown away. The screen is fabulous. Viewing angles are very nice. A big part of me was hanging on to the idea of the HTC One, and that was mostly due to my idea of the cheap plastic on the S4. However, the Samsung wizards have made a beautiful phone, that feels light yet solid, and also managed to fit a bigger screen in here without making it feel cramped. The speakers are just as nice, in my opinion as the HTC One. I'll avoid getting all review-y, until I get this phone later in the month. But this is an awesome phone, and I am definetly making the switch!

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I made the mistake of buying the Htc one first.. I was in love with the design. I found it very simple like the iphones plus a lot of the apps had a black bar at the bottom of the screen for the menu key since it has no menu keys, which made the screen smaller. The home key and the back key were not very responsive and very small and I have small fingers. Its heavier than the galaxy s3 and screen is smaller yet the phone was bigger. I had the galaxy s3 at the time and I couldn't believe it was heavier. The speakers are amazing and the keyboard was pretty good too. I couldn't change the font to anything either. After having the s4 for a day and then holding my s3 there was a big difference in screen size and weight, the s4 is so light compare to the s3. It really is the best phone!!! Speakers are fine, I just connect to my bluetooth over the stereo if I want to hear my music boom, lol. The only reason I bought the htc one was because s4 wasn't for sale with tmobile yet and I wanted something different. Sometimes different isn't always better.

JustCruisin

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I went into my store dead set on getting an HTC One. Played with it a while, then decided to check out the S4 before I made my decision.

Ended up buying the S4. Both are impressive, but I liked the interface of the S4 better.

Anyone that says either one is junk is a stone cold *****. Both are at the pinnacle of Android phone tech. It comes down to what your priorities are.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I had already planned on getting the S4 but I too got to play with it today at Best Buy. I was also amazed. It didn't feel cheap by any means and I was very impressed by the screen. I currently have the iPhone 5 and I think the screen on the S4 is better IMO. Now I'm even more excited to get it if Verizon ever decides to ship the pre-orders.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I did the same today. I must say it was pretty sweet! The screen, form factor and camera were top notch. I must say I was impressed. I would immediately disable s voice since I could tell by pressing the home there is a delay because it is waiting to see if you are going to press it again before acting. Disabling S voice would speed it up like I did on my Note 2. Besides who uses s voice with Google Now out?

I want one but I can't get rid of my Note 2 I love it too much! I can't get rid of my Nexus 4 with Key lime pie so close...my wife is going to kill me...

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I went to the AT&T Store and played with the One, the only good thing about it was the Speakers and the speed....The phone didnt really feel good in my hand, it felt small actually. Smaller than my GS3...didnt like it at all
Its a good phone, but the GS4 is the one for me!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781