Visit site
Subject says it all.

pu5y6emy.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
One could assume .75 to 2.25 hours of screen-on time and very little interaction with the device from this chart, but this one by itself doesn't show anything definitive. It doesn't include how much or how often wifi, mobile data, screen, etc are in use, how many times (if any) and how long it was charged since the timer began (that timer represents the last time it was at 100% charge), etc. If you tap on the chart, you'll get more comprehensive information. Based on what one can assume from looking at this, you're getting reasonable to slightly below average battery life for a modern phone, but where on that spectrum you specifically are depends a lot on the other information.

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Is it that poor?

It is considering I used the phone very little at all during the day. Also, I don't know why "Google Services" and "Media Server" are using so much battery - I am not serving any media from my phone or using any of the google services explicitly. Is there a way to find out which app is ending up causing these 2 heavy battery usage items showing up at the top?

Thanks,
Osho

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It is considering I used the phone very little at all during the day. Also, I don't know why "Google Services" and "Media Server" are using so much battery - I am not serving any media from my phone or using any of the google services explicitly. Is there a way to find out which app is ending up causing these 2 heavy battery usage items showing up at the top?

Thanks,
Osho

Check to make sure "Currents" auto sync is set to off in it's settings.

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Here is another screenshot. As one can see, the phone died and I charged it a little and am using it again.

I was on wi-fi most of the time btw.

umupa7eq.jpg

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Check to make sure "Currents" auto sync is set to off in it's settings.

By "currents" - do you mean the "google currents" app ? If so, I don't have that app installed.

There must be some other app that is keeping the phone awake a lot - which is being represented by the "google services" and "media server" - just can't figure out which app(s) it is.

Osho

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
By "currents" - do you mean the "google currents" app ? If so, I don't have that app installed.

There must be some other app that is keeping the phone awake a lot - which is being represented by the "google services" and "media server" - just can't figure out which app(s) it is.

Osho

Yes, that's the one I meant... I know it has issues with Jelly Bean for some reason. Other than that, I think your best bet, with your device being so new, is either going to be the Note 2 and S3 forums or finding someone much more knowledgeable about TouchWiz than I am. I agree something appears wrong and it looks very similar to wake-lock issues experienced on the Note 2.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Here is another screenshot. As one can see, the phone died and I charged it a little and am using it again.

I was on wi-fi most of the time btw.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/03/umupa7eq.jpg

You have something waking up tour phone a ton... It has to be a app you installed that is doing alot in the background.

download GSam battery monitor to find what's using your battery and keeping it awake

Do this.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

radiocaf

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I also have this problem, although no where near as bad as you. Before, I also had Maps rather than Google Services using up most of my battery, now I have managed to quash that by turning GPS off (that easy... Go figure?) but this "Mediaserver" just won't move. I saw that Google Play Music was popping up in the RAM several times, and I have never used that app, so I disabled it, yet it's still there, although not as bad, but still something worth concern. I really want to know why mediaserver is still draining a fair amount of my battery. I don't have an SD Card installed, my theory is the GS4 is constantly checking for one, and that is draining battery through mediaserver, or it's an app, but I don't have any streaming apps other than YouTube, which I have used once and not seen pop up at all since.

hdhg.jpg
kcl7.jpg
r5k2.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463