Galaxy S4 arrived today

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

my Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 arrived today.

I'm trying to get to drips to it as I've come from the iPhone 5 however I need a little help with the music.

I have tried several ways to copy my music (approx. 1000 tracks) to my external SD card whilst the S4 is connected to the PC however it keeps crashing, and the songs that are copied over are not showing up in the music app. Can anyone recommend; a)the best way to transfer over my iTunes library to the S4, maintaining albums, artwork, filenames etc, and b)what music player is the best, as the one included with the S4 I haven't found very impressive. Ideally (and I know it's cheating) but is there an iPhone music app for Android?

Lastly, would anyone recommend rooting my device. I have always jailbroken my iPhone's but this looks a little more involved. My Android version is 4.2.2 and the kernel version is 3.4.0-526204 if it helps.

Thanks.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get to drips to it as I've come from the iPhone 5 however I need a little help with the music.

I have tried several ways to copy my music (approx. 1000 tracks) to my external SD card whilst the S4 is connected to the PC however it keeps crashing, and the songs that are copied over are not showing up in the music app. Can anyone recommend; a)the best way to transfer over my iTunes library to the S4, maintaining albums, artwork, filenames etc, and b)what music player is the best, as the one included with the S4 I haven't found very impressive. Ideally (and I know it's cheating) but is there an iPhone music app for Android?

Lastly, would anyone recommend rooting my device. I have always jailbroken my iPhone's but this looks a little more involved. My Android version is 4.2.2 and the kernel version is 3.4.0-526204 if it helps.

Thanks.

Congrats on your new phone! :) I am also a former iPhone user.. I actually had just asked this question yesterday and a lot of our fellow S4 users recommended to me:

- SamsungSmartSwitch.com
- EasyPhoneSync.com (And theres also an app)
- iSyncr
- Kies (I used this before too not for music but you can)

SamsungSmartSwitch is not available on MAC just yet, so I tried that on my Husband's PC and it kept crashing, but others here have had great experience using it. I did the Easy Phone Sync route and I'm a happy camper (got my music and playlists all situated with ease).

I honestly haven't had any problems with the stock music app myself.. my music plays just fine through my Headphones.. so i'm not too sure on an app to recommend - I'm sure other users could be of help :)

as far as rooting.. That's totally up to you. I love the fact that you can customize your phone so much more than the iPhone without having to jailbreak. I am not going to only because I'm inexperienced with that and I'm happy with what i'm able to achieve without rooting. but I believe it's more personal preference than anything. Good luck with your decision!

And hope I was able to help a bit.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Thanks.

Just keep in mind if you're coming from iTunes and you like your album artwork, you'll need to do just a couple of things to prep it for transfer.

First, if you've ever "right" clicked on your mac/itunes to download album artwork, then you'll need to embed the artwork in each file so it'll show up properly on your phone. The reason is because when you use the download artwork option, itunes actually keeps it in an indexed file and does not imbed the artwork in each song. so click on the songs you want to embed the artwork (start by one album at a time please), run a script (you can get it from doug's applescripts), and then script will embed the artwork in each song. now you're ready to transfer it to your phone.

Next, just follow fitmom's advice for transferring. you should consider double twist, which mirrors your itunes library and looks and acts like itunes too.

Lastly, feel free to direct transfer too. One of android's strong points, direct file management. Android File Transfer is good for this.

dmarcus48

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Another way you might want to try is to just put the micro SD card into an SD adapter and plug that into the PC. All music apps I've seen you can point the app to any folder. And then download the art separately. I have 1800 songs on my card.

bigjim1

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Note II and was looking for a program to get my iTunes content. I used Easy Phone Tunes from the play store. Download it on your pc and cell phone and then you can transfer them. Your songs in iTunes have to be downloaded to your pc otherwise it won't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol