Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By smileycon
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 cases

Hi all! Does anyone have any suggestions for a case for my new galaxy s4 that offers full protection (including a built in screen protector)? I want the defender from otterbox but I heard its not coming out till June! Thanks
    Thanked by:

Default Re: S4 cases

Did you bother to look at their web site?

Black In stock:
    Samsung Galaxy S4 case | Defender Series | OtterBox

John

I haven't seen anything about the Otterbox yet either. I have really only seen Spigen cases so far...
    About to pre order this phone though and would like to have a case for it when I get it.

Have you not noticed the other case related threads we have going around here? I bet you could get more info going into those threads.

Quote Originally Posted by thehatguy View Post
    Did you bother to look at their web site?

In stock:
    Samsung Galaxy S4 case | Defender Series | OtterBox

John
    Looks like it is still coming soon. A lot of color choices though, I like that. What do you guys think about these? Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy S4 Case Protective [Slim Armor] [Dodger Blue] Slim Fit Dual Layer Protective Case for Galaxy S IV Galaxy SIV i9500: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,159 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by JennieLynn117 View Post
    Hi all! Does anyone have any suggestions for a case for my new galaxy s4 that offers full protection (including a built in screen protector)? I want the defender from otterbox but I heard its not coming out till June! Thanks
    Otterbox is out but just the black defender.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

You can check here to get an idea of what is hot right now in GS4 Cases: Best Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases

I like the Neo Hybrid Samsung Galaxy S4 Case;
    Thanked by:
    ztyankov and pirateryan99 like this.

Agreed. Additional colors coming soon. I have the black one. Check out my review of the Defender case on my YouTube channel, TheJCP006.

Sent Via My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by smileycon View Post
    You can check here to get an idea of what is hot right now in GS4 Cases: Best Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases

I like the Neo Hybrid Samsung Galaxy S4 Case;
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1000_.jpg
    I do agree that's a cool-looking case...but it just screams: COPYCAT (Or how to turn your S4 into an iPhone)

Neo Hybrid is a very good looking case!

ROM
    2.2.1 froyo EB16, Voodoo

ordered the Neo Hybred w/red band...it is due for release on May 20! Picked up a cheap TPU for the time being

Cheers

ROM
    2.2.1 froyo EB16, Voodoo

Now I'm confussed...well OK that isn't all that unusual! LOL! I have been hearing several people that pre-ordered their S4s and received a free Samsung view flip-cover with their phone. These customers are reporting that their covers have a simple viewing hole in the cover with NO magnet closure...on further research online, Amazon has the Samsung view Flip-cover with what looks to be a clear plastic/glass viewing opening and a magnetic closure for $49.95. My question is which is the real Samsung view cover? Is the Amazon discription of the view cover accurite and the free ones a cheaper immotation OR are they actually all like the free models? I may put up with the open window, but I wouldn't be happy without a closure device of some kind!
    For $50 it better have it all!!!

Cheers

Global Posts
    4,740 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Spigen has the best cases, in my opinion:

Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases | S4 Screen Protectors | SPIGEN SGP

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    I do agree that's a cool-looking case...but it just screams: COPYCAT (Or how to turn your S4 into an iPhone)
    I remember when the iPhone 4s came out. They complained about the reception. Will this metal frame affect phone reception or wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by jokout1 View Post
    Now I'm confussed...well OK that isn't all that unusual! LOL! I have been hearing several people that pre-ordered their S4s and received a free Samsung view flip-cover with their phone. These customers are reporting that their covers have a simple viewing hole in the cover with NO magnet closure...on further research online, Amazon has the Samsung view Flip-cover with what looks to be a clear plastic/glass viewing opening and a magnetic closure for $49.95. My question is which is the real Samsung view cover? Is the Amazon discription of the view cover accurite and the free ones a cheaper immotation OR are they actually all like the free models? I may put up with the open window, but I wouldn't be happy without a closure device of some kind!
    For $50 it better have it all!!!

Cheers
    The S-View cover from Samsung DOES have the opening and magnet, it is 50 bucks, and you can read the Android Central review (don't have the link, though). I did get a free flip cover with my S4 but it wasn't the S-View one, it was the regular Samsung flip cover which doesn't have a magnet nor any notification opening. But what really ticks me off (and I'm about to punch a hole through the cover) is that neither the S-View nor the regular flip cover have an opening for the notification LED!!! So if your phone is laying around with the cover on top, you can't know you have notifications pending because you can't see the LED...

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=281103267338

7.99 knock off of the smart s view magnetic flip cover

That is the biggest POS case I've seen yet. LOL!!!

John

I'm not sure about that one either.. lol

Just noticed you can order the Otterboxes now!
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    914 Global Posts

I have a black otterbox commuter and its pretty nice

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    5,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    The S-View cover from Samsung DOES have the opening and magnet, it is 50 bucks, and you can read the Android Central review (don't have the link, though). I did get a free flip cover with my S4 but it wasn't the S-View one, it was the regular Samsung flip cover which doesn't have a magnet nor any notification opening. But what really ticks me off (and I'm about to punch a hole through the cover) is that neither the S-View nor the regular flip cover have an opening for the notification LED!!! So if your phone is laying around with the cover on top, you can't know you have notifications pending because you can't see the LED...
    I picked up the S-View cover today and just ordered the Spigen S4 Case Flip Mate that has a cutout to allow the S-View cover to work properly. Given my penchant for cases I have little doubt I will be switching it out over time and trying different cases. But this is a nice one. Galaxy S4 Case Flip Mate | SPIGEN SGP

I am also partial to OtterBox cases, but at the same time they make the phone bulky so not sure what I will do.

Ive got the same setup (sview cover with clear spigen protectve back case) coming. I was able to get the sview for about $10 US from a reputable online retailer, so it's probably a counterfiet - lol. I'm presently using an el cheapo ebay procured sview-like case that has a protectve back (i.e., isn't integrated with the battery cover like the samsung sview cover is - you just snap the phone into the case, but it does have a magnetically latched sview cover). Pros are it's cheap, affords some physical protection and enables sview functionality. Con is the sview window is cheap plastic that is getting really scratched up, but it was cheap enough that i purchased a spare. Now that i have the real (hopefully) samsung sview cover and spigen protective back, i can try that combo out as a second backup - though even with the deeply discounted sview cover combo'd with the spigen back, its still three times the cost of my cheapo ebay sview cover/case.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums