Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pogeypre
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy s4 Freezing and Random Resets - Samnsug response

I bought a Galaxy s4 a couple of nights ago and within about 30 minutes the phone was freezing. The craziest part is that the screen would go all crazy and the vibrate would stay on and would not turn off. I read through every forum I could find and could not find anyone else seeing the same thing other than an obscure reference on Samsung's forums. After about the 20th time that evening, I had had enough.

I put in a ticket with Samsung and got a response earlier today. The issue I reported is a 'known issue' and can be resolved by either sending the phone back to Samsung and having them replace/repair it or returning it to the store where the purchase was made. No other details on cause, just a lame email with a cryptic response.

Consider this a PSA, I guess. If you see the above issue, just exchange it at the store or wait for 3-4 weeks for Samsung to do it.
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Galaxy s4 Freezing and Random Resets - Samnsug response

Just out of curiosity did you try doing a factory rest on it? I mean it obviously shouldn't come out of the box all screwed up but these things do happen.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah. First thing I did. No good. As a side note, don't ever buy a phone from Walmart. I don't care how cheap they'll sell it to you. Swapping out my phone was a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Yeah. First thing I did. No good. As a side note, don't ever buy a phone from Walmart. I don't care how cheap they'll sell it to you. Swapping out my phone was a nightmare.
    That sucks man, hopefully your new phone works great.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thus far, great. Walmart has a 64gb high speed sd card for 59 bucks. That part at least works fine.
    Newtoandroid99 likes this.

I am experiencing the exact same issues on my phone. Certain apps seem to trigger it more than others. For example, when I open the camera app, oftentimes the app will open, but I am not able to take pictures. The shutter button is frozen. Then I try to exit the app, and the phone is totally frozen. I also have exprienced the random resets and weird phone vibration/screen issue. Tried to do a reset but doesn't work. Am begining to wonder if this is a kernel issue.

Will be taking it back to the store this week and will let you know what the outcome is.

-A

Everything is just goin well with my new s4 except that it takes too long to open a profile pic on twitter :/ and if you try to go back it freezes and twitter will crush. Do anyone know whats wrong here? Regards.
    Thanked by:

You using the twitter app? It might be a compatibility issue

I'm having exact same problem. Just last night bought one Samsung Galaxy S4 for my wife. It was our first Samsung mobile experience and we are completely pissed.
    I've to return it back to store tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Clean master is a great app that cleans cache, makes my phone run much faster

I had the problem once after having it for about 1 month. It was frozen. I hit the off button and had the choice of turning it off, airplane mode or restart, just like you'd expect but the touch screen didn't work to do one of those choices. I finally just held the off button which did turn it off. It then restarted like normal. I hope it doesn't become a major problem.

hi, will i have the same problem i bought it yesterday and that was my first galaxy to buy but hopefully my last too any way i had the exact same thing what you just said so did you fix your's by some how???

hope you get to me soon cuz i'm relly confused to throw it and get a new iPhone or what ,,, thanks )

Hi,

I just upgraded my iphone 4 to a samsung galaxy s4 and My phone just freezed luckily my dad was able to unfreeze it. but now it seems to not be showing the battery as working it just has a ! and the percentage says zero I wondering if anyone had the same issuse with the battery arfter it froze.
    Please help.

Post Re: Galaxy s4 Freezing and Random Resets - Samnsug response

Yeh I just bought my s4 today and have got same prob with keyboard it seems ok no iv cleaned the cache etc and turnd off multi window and air ges , view ect iv had galaxys I love them I actually traded my s3 in as part ex chang for s4 today iv had s2 s3mini n normal s3 witch I all love I know about samsungs how they freeze so try what iv put multi windo and all air gesters n smart scrolls mine is working good with it all off so ill go through it each one and see witch one is causing it ok but multi window seems to have done it but ill confirm it once I find out thanks guys frm Dougie

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh I just bought my s4 today and have got same prob with keyboard it seems ok no iv cleaned the cache etc and turnd off multi window and air ges , view ect iv had galaxys I love them I actually traded my s3 in as part ex chang for s4 today iv had s2 s3mini n normal s3 witch I all love I know about samsungs how they freeze so try what iv put multi windo and all air gesters n smart scrolls mine is working good with it all off so ill go through it each one and see witch one is causing it ok but multi window seems to have done it but ill confirm it once I find out oh and the high sensitive touch with gloves if thqts on that can cause it to play up to thanks guys frm Dougie

There is a uk update for s4 it is out now to fix the sticking problem and an update for uk to
    move apps to sd only for s4 but I have checked and it is correct just hit update every so often u can
    to check this my phn is perfact now I have
    not updated only turnd off multi window and rebooted
    please let me know if this worked for anyone
    Thanks

Dear A,

Did you get your camera freezing issue resolved? I have had my S4 for two months now and the camera has been doing that since the beginning. Totally frustrating as I already had to replaced the phone. First one had raio issues.

D