NOTE 2 upgrade to S4 peeps in here?

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a note 2 and waiting on preorder. Anyone happy with the change/switch?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Went from the note 2 on launch day to the s4 and actually very happy. I will say it takes some adjusting to the smaller size but in all honesty I'm enjoying it. I was at the point where the note was too much at work and got annoying to carry in my front pocket. Otherwise, it is an upgrade, and I'm loving the air view and all the new features!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Almost...I have gone so far as having the s4 in my cart ready to order...but I just cannot justify it. My Note 2 is top notch and my Nexus 4 will be getting klp first...cannot see where the s4 fits in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

EDIT: Finally pulled the trigger! Here are some thoughts after after three+ solid weeks with the S4
I currently have a Note 2 and have had the International Note, ATT Note and ATT Note 2. First let me start by saying that I think the Note 2 is among the best devices available currently. Also I have the 32 GB model of the S4 and it is pretty sweet. I got it on contract but do not think it would be worth it to upgrade over the Note 2 if you are paying no commitment pricing.

S4 Pros
-5 inch 1080p screen is really the sweet spot! It is large enough for many of the things we want a larger screen for but in a very nice package which is not larger than the S3 or Nexus 4. The screen is very nice but I was honestly expecting more of a jump from the Note 2. Not a slam on the S4 but that is how nice the Note 2 screen is.

- Battery life for my usage is better than the S3 or Nexus 4. Of course it is nowhere near the Note 2. I get a good 12+ hours with moderate use on the S4.

- Camera is better on the S4. Stills and video are superb and flawless! This is the phone camera we have been waiting for.

If the Note 2 is a bit larger than you want and the spen is not critical for your usage, the S4, is great device and does very well in filling that spot.

Note 2 Pros

- Larger screen which really holds it's own against the S4

- S pen and the suite of products that use it

- Monster battery life! I do not think I have ever seen my Note 2 battery below 30%.

- Smooth and speedy. The UI is very smooth and easily is as smooth and as speedy as the S4 UI.

- of course all of this comes at the cost of a physically larger device which can cause issues in carrying it in your pocket or on a holster or purse.

Overall I think the Note 2 stacks up very well against the S4. WIth the s pen etc, it is in a class by itself. I think the S4 is the sweet spot for screen size and physical size. Both are great devices and if you can get the S4 on contract it is worth it. If paying cash I would hold and wait until the Note 3 comes because the Note 2 still is amazing!

Last edited:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is probably THE best Super Phones I owned. I loved it so much I had two of them. LOL Powerful, 5.5" is Perfect and Battery Life is Amazing!

I gave both up to upgrade to One & S4, do I regret it? Of course but come November I will sell one (or both) and buy the Note 3. LOL Each has it's strengths and weaknesses (I'm sure it's been covered), I love them both.

bswangolf

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a note 2 and waiting on preorder. Anyone happy with the change/switch?
I had the at&t note 2. I got it because i did not have a tablet. So it was a great phablet. But when i needed to have a phone on me. meIt was just to dam BIG. So went into at&t store told them my problem. They let me trade in phone and walked out with a s4 and tab 2 10.1 total price of $213 for both. Cant beat that!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781