Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zhelf
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How possible to get this phone on verizon's release day without pre-order?

Hello,

I'm planning on purchasing the S4 on its release date without a pre-order. I've never purchased a phone this close to its release date.
    Will it even be possible? or will it likely be sold out everywhere?

Thanks for any info.

Default Re: How possible to get this phone on verizon's release day without pre-order?

I always buy phones on release day. You will need to call the store the day before to ensure they have stock and get there before they open to wait if there is a line. I would also call a week out to make sure the store isn't making a will call list. I don't think corporate stores are allowed to make will call list but I've seen it done.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How possible to get this phone on verizon's release day without pre-order?

But from past experience, do you think its likely that I'll be able to pick it up?
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,993 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

In my experience usually on release day I can nab new devices but its in the few days after that they tend to sell out once people hear about them so if u act quick you can usually nab it

Global Posts
    5,938 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

I've never had any issues walking in and picking a device up on release day. I'm there anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours before they open, depending on the device.

Perhaps pretty good, since there is a growing portion of folks not bothering with the 16gb model. Not just the bubble perspective of just forums either. People are voicing their intent at stores as well.

The S3 32gb has about a 15 percent mix for the S3 at Verizon, so expect that to be higher due to the storage issue. No 32gb probably means no problem getting one at launch.

I picked my S4 up on release day with AT&T at 5 p.m. and they had plenty left. Ive always been able to walk in on release day with my android devices. iPhone is the one that gives people fits for the first couple of weeks. You should be fine unless the store is only getting 5 or less. Lol

Sent From My Galaxy S4 Using Android Central App

I don't think there will be any problem getting one at all. Every AT&T, Best Buy around here have plenty in stock. There is nobody waiting in line for the S4 now. I'm holding out for the 32GB Verizon.
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,993 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

I am Def not waiting for a 32gb version there's removable storage so I'm set lol
    MBM7881 likes this.