New S4 owner seeing odd behavior moving icons

Floony

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I just got the S4 yesterday, and very much like it, but I have started to have a weird issue when it comes to arranging my home screens. At first, everything was normal, and holding an icon would let me place it. But ever since I set up some folders, every time I hold an icon to move it, it jumps me to the next home screen to place it. It didn't do this at first, but it does it every time now.
The screen is not full, or anything. It is just really annoying when I try to organize things. Has anyone seen this behavior? Is there a way to fix it? Is there some setting I didn't mean to set?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Floony

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Bumping this; it's sort of obnoxious to bump one's own post, but I wonder still if this is a known bug, and if there is anything I can do about it.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got the S4 yesterday, and very much like it, but I have started to have a weird issue when it comes to arranging my home screens. At first, everything was normal, and holding an icon would let me place it. But ever since I set up some folders, every time I hold an icon to move it, it jumps me to the next home screen to place it. It didn't do this at first, but it does it every time now.
The screen is not full, or anything. It is just really annoying when I try to organize things. Has anyone seen this behavior? Is there a way to fix it? Is there some setting I didn't mean to set?

Any help would be appreciated.

Go into your settings -> My Device -> Air Gesture
Turn Air Move off

Also when holding it, don't drag it to the edge

Floony

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that response. Unfortunately, I have air gestures off already. And when I have held down on an icon to go into move mode, I don't even have to move it at all anywhere: just remaining in place, I will get moved to the next page.

It is especially annoying when trying to organize a folder, as I can never just arrange the folder: it is closed by my getting moved to the next page, so I can't arrange the folder by repositioning the app inside. I can only just drop the app back in, so that it becomes the last app in the folder.

Very annoying. In any case, thanks again for the suggestion.

Floony

May 4, 2013
Visit site
But your awesome response made me just test turning off Motion, and that did it. The only motions I defined to be on were Smart Alert and Direct Call, but turning the whole Motion feature set off did the trick.

Never would have guessed that one, so thanks for the prompt.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
But your awesome response made me just test turning off Motion, and that did it. The only motions I defined to be on were Smart Alert and Direct Call, but turning the whole Motion feature set off did the trick.

Never would have guessed that one, so thanks for the prompt.

Yeah, I knew there was a setting that allows to to switch homescreens by tilting the device, which Im guessing was happening in your case...guess it was the motion feature
Glad u found it!