How to transfer music and other file from S4 to compter?

Xamanus

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, My first post on android forums. ( ive been active on crack berry forums )

I've used a blackberry all my life. This is the first time i have upgraded to to android / S4 / high end smart phone. wow this phone is super amazing! simply marvelous. Its just gorgeous that a phone can be so big and so light at the same time.

Back to my question, How could i transfer music from my windows 7 laptop to the S4 without the sd card.

Thanks.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, My first post on android forums. ( ive been active on crack berry forums )

I've used a blackberry all my life. This is the first time i have upgraded to to android / S4 / high end smart phone. wow this phone is super amazing! simply marvelous. Its just gorgeous that a phone can be so big and so light at the same time.

Back to my question, How could i transfer music from my windows 7 laptop to the S4 without the sd card.

Thanks.

Hi and welcome to AC! I too am an ex BlackBerry user and very glad I made the switch.

Anyway, you're saying you don't have a MicroSD Card? Plug your device into your computer and let it load. It should come up like a drive/letter. Then you can push what you have over to the device. I'd highly recommend a card, though.

Again, welcome and have fun with the S4. Kicking yourself for waiting so long, eh? :D

Xamanus

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi and welcome to AC! I too am an ex BlackBerry user and very glad I made the switch.

Anyway, you're saying you don't have a MicroSD Card? Plug your device into your computer and let it load. It should come up like a drive/letter. Then you can push what you have over to the device. I'd highly recommend a card, though.

Again, welcome and have fun with the S4. Kicking yourself for waiting so long, eh? :D

Hi thanks,

When i plug in my the usb into the computer, nothing shows up :/, thats why i posted in the first place.

S4 is great but im missing my blackberry, it was way to easy to communicate with friends and family world wide. Feeling a bit empty or left out, might just buy a cheap curve just for bbm.

dacbeth

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi thanks,

When i plug in my the usb into the computer, nothing shows up :/, thats why i posted in the first place.

S4 is great but im missing my blackberry, it was way to easy to communicate with friends and family world wide. Feeling a bit empty or left out, might just buy a cheap curve just for bbm.

Are you using a Windows computer? When my S4 is plugged in the computer first loaded drivers and then in explorer I go to computer and see a portable device which actually shows my name and the model number of the phone as a media player. When clicked on it shows two drives, card and phone. At that point you can use just like any computer hard drive , dragging and dropping files to the folders that are there or ones that you create. The phone in the notification window shows a USB connection. Insure that your phone in Settings, USB PC Connection , Media device is checked.

jensigner

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
another way to wirelessly (over your Wi-Fi network) transfer any file from your S4 to a PC is with Samsung Link. You have to dnld and install Samsung Link on your PC that you want to upload to at the Samsung Link web site and then register that PC (easy one-click thing). Then from your S4 when you start the Samsung Link app you can use the upload (horizontal arrow) icon at the bottom to transfer any file stored on your S4 to your PC (assuming you are using a pc).

anon(8035997)

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I just got a Samsung galaxy S4 and am trying to get my itunes music onto my Google play. The issues is that i only have an iPad, not a laptop and all my music is saved on my iPad/cloud. Is there anyway I can transfer my music without a desktop computer or laptop?

whatdoesthefoxsay

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I'm also a new user of samsung s4 mini. My laptop does not recognize my phone. I have gone to my phone, chose the connection and selected media device, and it says that
"unable to find software on your PC that can recognize your device. Service pack 3, windows media player, version 10 or higher, for windows xp or android file transfer fpr Mac OS must be installed"
I'm using windows xp. :D haha.
just wondering why it does not automatically detect my phone.
when it detects my phone, it says that there has been aproblem connecting to the device and the device might not work properly.
I haven't put SD card into my phone that's why i'm trying to put files directly to my phone.

THANKS!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR