Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Build 28

Default S4 Drivers with Windows

In the past with my s3 and note 2. I had a lot of issues with getting my PCs(and my friends/familys PCs) to recognize the device(let alone the sd card inside, ugh). Has Samsung fixed this issue with the s4?

I am not trying to troll. This problem is something I found very frustrating as I use my phone as a usb drive all the time with friends PCs etc. Most other OEMs are just plug n play.

Anyone have any insight?
    Sent from my amazingly sexy HTC One.
    P.S. Just because I love my HTC One doesn't mean I hate the S4. I understand why you love it, I just love mine more.

Default Re: S4 Drivers with Windows

Not sure why you're concerned about this since you have a One, and not an S4. Looking for ammunition?

Anyway, I've had zero issues connecting my S3 to two different laptops and a desktop. Both of my sons have S3s and haven't had any issue connecting to their laptops. We can read our SD cards, too. I spend a lot of time on these forums, and problems connecting to the PC don't seem any more frequent with Samsung's than with any other device. So I don't think there's any issue for Samsung to fix.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    4,516 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: S4 Drivers with Windows

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaMike View Post
    In the past with my s3 and note 2. I had a lot of issues with getting my PCs(and my friends/familys PCs) to recognize the device(let alone the sd card inside, ugh). Has Samsung fixed this issue with the s4?

I am not trying to troll. This problem is something I found very frustrating as I use my phone as a usb drive all the time with friends PCs etc. Most other OEMs are just plug n play.

Anyone have any insight?
    I've had zero issues with my Note 2 and S3 with WinXP, Win 7 or Win 8. If you're having issue, download the drivers from Samsung. Problem solved.