Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP Build 28

Default S4 Drivers with Windows

In the past with my s3 and note 2. I had a lot of issues with getting my PCs(and my friends/familys PCs) to recognize the device(let alone the sd card inside, ugh). Has Samsung fixed this issue with the s4?

I am not trying to troll. This problem is something I found very frustrating as I use my phone as a usb drive all the time with friends PCs etc. Most other OEMs are just plug n play.

Anyone have any insight?

Default Re: S4 Drivers with Windows

Not sure why you're concerned about this since you have a One, and not an S4. Looking for ammunition?

Anyway, I've had zero issues connecting my S3 to two different laptops and a desktop. Both of my sons have S3s and haven't had any issue connecting to their laptops. We can read our SD cards, too. I spend a lot of time on these forums, and problems connecting to the PC don't seem any more frequent with Samsung's than with any other device. So I don't think there's any issue for Samsung to fix.

Global Posts
    6,062 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: S4 Drivers with Windows

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaMike View Post
    In the past with my s3 and note 2. I had a lot of issues with getting my PCs(and my friends/familys PCs) to recognize the device(let alone the sd card inside, ugh). Has Samsung fixed this issue with the s4?

I am not trying to troll. This problem is something I found very frustrating as I use my phone as a usb drive all the time with friends PCs etc. Most other OEMs are just plug n play.

Anyone have any insight?
    I've had zero issues with my Note 2 and S3 with WinXP, Win 7 or Win 8. If you're having issue, download the drivers from Samsung. Problem solved.