How do you open the texting app from the lock screen text message notification?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if am stupid or something, but what's the official way to get to the texting app once you get a text? On the lockscreen, the notification shows up, but then what? Just pressing on it does nothing, swiping in any direction doesn't do anything, sometimes long pressing seems to work? What's the official way to do this?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

jpullins

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Pull down the notification bar and tap on the new message

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Hm I thought there would be some sort of interaction with that pop up notification, just as there is on the s3 and the note 2 where you swipe the notification to the left to open it directly onto the texting app.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Cem Seyfe

May 8, 2013
Visit site
This is one of my main frustrations as well. There is (and should be) definitely an interaction. Sometimes I can swipe the message down and get to the message, sometimes I cant.
That lock screen is not very intuitive.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
All you do is touch the text, then it brings up a square down below it where u swipe inside that square and it will unlock it and bring up the text.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Android Central Forums

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
All you do is touch the text, then it brings up a square down below it where u swipe inside that square and it will unlock it and bring up the text.

Thanks grasshoppa! It worked. Now if only the screen would wake up when receiving a text.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks grasshoppa! It worked. Now if only the screen would wake up when receiving a text.

Haha no problem man! I had the same issue at first I could not figure it out for the life of me. But the answer to ur other question......try going to settings in text messages, then check the notification box.....that would be my only guess.

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
When I get a text my phone wakes up and alerts me
I just click on the space to start typing a reply and my lock screen comes up
I unlock it and then it goes into my text to start going
I use the standard app

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
This notification the OP mentioned... somehow I'm no longer getting it on my phone. Instead I'm seeing the text in the notification bar on the lock screen.

Can anyone advise on how to get the actual notification on the lock screen and not on the notification bar instead?