S4 outselling One by alot

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Good article and is no surprise.. The article though isn't based on reporting from either htc or Samsung but rather stores in the Los Angeles area..

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Been with htc since the mogul, was going to get the one. But 4mp camera, i know it's not all about mp but come on, 4mp is way too low, no sd card, no removable battery (at least the evo lte was easy to get to the battery, the one is horrible) and htc is getting bad with updates.

So got the s4 instead and loving it. I actually prefer plastic over metal. The evo lte was always sucking water out of my hands and was always too cold or too hot

Sent from my Galaxy S4

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Been with htc since the mogul, was going to get the one. But 4mp camera, no sd card, no removable battery (at least the evo was easy to get to the battery, the one is horrible) and htc is getting bad with updates.

So got the s4 instead and loving it. I actually prefer plastic over metal. The evo lte was always sucking water out of my hands and was always too cold or too hot

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Funny how people keep saying HTC is terrible with updates my rezound just got it's 4th update and my DNA has had 2.and with Verizon who people claim never update anything.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

"... the latter has been available from some carriers since April 27th. Even with the nearly two week head start that the HTC One had,.."

"As for returns, a reliable source inside a Sprint store says that the HTC One has been returned because of dead pixels and blown-out speakers, although he was quick to note that it has yet to become a major problem. Still, fewer Samsung Galaxy S4 units have been brought back to the store. Another thing in favor of Korean based Samsung is the company's larger marketing budget. A new ad for the flagship model was just added to the prime time television rotation.

Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!

Amazing article. I knew the HTC One didn't have a chance sales-wise against the S4. I also find it even more shocking that a device that has been available for a little over 1 week (with limited supply) has a lower return rate brought back rate. In this instance the method of gathering data for the purpose of providing statistics information is excellent. This is proof that having one source of anonymous information (which happens to be a "He") provides an accurate representation of the success and failures of a mobile phone. I honestly think that not having a the (certain set of hardware features) is the reason why the HTC One is having relatively poor sales...or not.

Edit: Grammer error (I'm working on my English so pardon me)

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
No surprise here really. Samsung is like a stream roller. They are riding the success of several nice phones and they have deep pockets. Their new s4 is another example of this. It's a well built phone with a lot to offer.

HTC on the other hand is a company on the ropes looking to score big just to try to stay afloat. I think they did too. The One is a great device. My personal choice as well but to think it could out sell the s4 is quite a stretch.

Then you add the fact that most sales representatives seem to push you towards the s4 too (in my case anyway). The several times I've been into sprint, best buy or radio shack they've done this when I have specifically said I was in to look at the one.

So all this adds up to Samsung having good success again

1 great phone
2 great marketing
3 favoritism among sales associates

I just hope htc gets there just dues. They've brought an awesome alternative to the market with the one.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

For HTC, its not for lack of support. I've been to 2 corporate locations this weekend getting cases/returning cases for my review and both stores have islands in the middle with HTC One displays.

For the record, both locations sold out of the S4 on launch day. They still have plenty HTC Ones available. Cant say I'm surprised.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
The One could be as pretty as ever, but Samsung is Samsung, they sell because they have alot of marketing power, their previous customers are pleased and comfortable, new customers have heard about previous devices, and the inertia of their market presence. HTC cannot compete with then, at least not this year. If they market the One correctly this year, maybe they can start the ball rolling. Samsung effectively started that since the GS2.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
For HTC, its not for lack of support. I've been to 2 corporate locations this weekend getting cases/returning cases for my review and both stores have islands in the middle with HTC One displays.

For the record, both locations sold out of the S4 on launch day. They still have plenty HTC Ones available. Cant say I'm surprised.

You work for Samsung,why can't people just enjoy there phones instead of acting like there phone is god like,thus the word fanboy exists,the S4 is a nice phone but so is other phones,i have come to expect no phone is perfect,and Samsung phones are not immune to this,this my phone is better then yours is getting old.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You work for Samsung,why can't people just enjoy there phones instead of acting like there phone is god like,thus the word fanboy exists,the S4 is a nice phone but so is other phones,i have come to expect no phone is perfect,and Samsung phones are not immune to this,this my phone is better then yours is getting old.

No. Just pointing out facts. Sorry if that bothers you. I didn't say anything about which phone is better.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

It got old before it even came to the smartphone world.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
No. Just pointing out facts. Sorry if that bothers you. I didn't say anything about which phone is better.

Fact and opinions are 2 different things,yes the i agree the S4 will outsell the One,but beyond that it becomes an opinion,just like when Apple releases the next Iphone it will outsell the S4,but does that make it a better phone, most on these forums would dis agree.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Marketing. Samsung owns it.

I can't recall the last time I saw an hTc commercial on Television, the One has been out for a few weeks and still haven't seen one. LOL

This was the problem with RIM/BlackBerry in the past, now I'm seeing more commercials for the Q10 & Z10 than Apple's iPhone.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Fact and opinions are 2 different things,yes the i agree the S4 will outsell the One,but beyond that it becomes an opinion,just like when Apple releases the next Iphone it will outsell the S4,but does that make it a better phone, most on these forums would dis agree.

Did anyone actually read my post? I said out of a really small sample size (2 stores), there's been good carrier support for the One. At those stores, the S4 was sold out while the One still had plenty available.

What part of that means the One is inferior? I'm pointing out an experience at just 2 stores.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Marketing. Samsung owns it.

I can't recall the last time I saw an hTc commercial on Television, the One has been out for a few weeks and still haven't seen one. LOL

This was the problem with RIM/BlackBerry in the past, now I'm seeing more commercials for the Q10 & Z10 than Apple's iPhone.

Well RIM's problem was more about lack of noticeable improvements in their phones but that's definitely been fixed and I like the commercials plus the phones themselves.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone actually read my post? I said out of a really small sample size (2 stores), there's been good carrier support for the One. At those stores, the S4 was sold out while the One still had plenty available.

What part of that means the One is inferior? I'm pointing out an experience at just 2 stores.

I am basing my replies on other threads you have responded to,talking how god like the S4 is,and if someones opinion varies from yours you get all crazy,i am here for opinions on wether to get the S4 once Verizon gets it with my upgrade in August,not to fight with a one sided opinion,i could care less what phone outsells what,my needs come first.