Cache Clearing??

Amy Schwarz

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey all! I currently have an IPhone 4S and I'm (im)patiently waiting for the 32 S4 to become available so I can make the huge leap to Android! While I'm waiting I've been trying to do as much video watching and research I can to make the transition easier but I have a question I haven't seen addressed anywhere else. Right now on iPhone with the exception of Feedler I can't clear any app "caches". Like for instance my Instagram app gets HUGE. I end up deleting it like once a week and re-installing to control the size. Same for Facebook, Twitter, etc. Since Android allows so much more control, which is the reason I am switching, I wondered if that option is available? To clear caches without having to delete and re-install? It drives me nuts to see them eating up huge amounts of space. Lol. Thanks!!! :)

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I use an app called clean master. Seems to work really well. There is a way to boot your phone into a system mode and u can clean the cache that way.. but I cant for the life of me remember how. Something like holding both volume keys down with the power button and an android appears. And u scroll down to wipe cache.. someone on here will tell us.. lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Meyerweb has this nailed, I haven't had an issue with this and Android tends to manage this well

Welcomel to Android and feel free to ask any questions you may have...

Cheers

LoganK

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
With Android you can clear the cache of any individual application in the built-in Application manager. I think Android, in general, does a much better job at maintaining things like this without your intervention.

The Application Manager actually gives you a pretty good interface. You can sort by size and tap on individual applications to see why they are so large and where that memory is being used (application, data, SD card, cache). You can clear all the associated data (forcing you to login to accounts again if it isn't tied through a system account) or just the cache.

I don't know if Android manages application caches so much as it will delete them if you are running out of space. Since you probably won't run low on space, Instagram will use just as much space as before. However, a few taps will allow you to clear it out and you won't be forced to re-install and set it up.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can clear cache by first turning the phone off, then pressing and holding the volume up key and home key simultaneously, then press and hold the power button. Then use the volume keys to scroll down to clear cache and hit the power button to select it.

This worked on my note 2 and s3,so I would imagine that it would work on the s4 as well.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49