better text message app?

raymondtrudeau

May 4, 2013
Visit site
hi is thee a better app for text messages? because the one that is on the s4 doesnt show a preview of the text message when it arrives..it just rings and shows "new message" not likie the my old iphone where when a text message comes in it shows the messge on the locked screen or any screen you are viewing..
thanks

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Handcent and GoSMS seem to be the most popular alternatives. I tried both, and while Go seems to have more features, Handcent works fine for me.

What kind of preview are you looking for? Handcent will briefly show part of the text in the notification bar. If I remember correctly, Go offers the option of a pop up display that show the message on top of whatever else you were doing. SMS Popup will do that with the standard messaging app.

raymondtrudeau

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I would like it to also stay on the lock screen instead of just a pop up until I unlock it this way I can just hit the home button and see that I have a text message

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
hi is thee a better app for text messages? because the one that is on the s4 doesnt show a preview of the text message when it arrives..it just rings and shows "new message" not likie the my old iphone where when a text message comes in it shows the messge on the locked screen or any screen you are viewing..
thanks

Did u turn it on in settings?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367857528790.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367857528790.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 72

texasotts

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Go download glowfly. It's the closest to iPhone notification but better because you can respond from the Window that pops up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Is anybody using FB Messenger/Chat Heads for their dedicated SMS/MMS app? I kind of like how it works for my FB messages, but I'm not sure if it will give me all the functionality I'd like compared to a dedicated SMS app.

Marck527

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Sliding Messages is what I'm using right now, it's sleek and works great, I also tried chomp but preferred sliding messages.

Sent from my GT-I9500

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Sliding Messages is what I'm using right now, it's sleek and works great, I also tried chomp but preferred sliding messages.

I tried that app, what I didn't like is that it would automatically popup the keyboard after clicking on a message to read.

sikcess

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Textra is what I use. Plus I use Ninja SMS because I do like the Chat Heads facebook messager has and ninja sms has that. If you are a chomp user try textra because it's made by same company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox