Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Recommended Shortcuts (Earphones) ... How do I remove this?

Lol its funny how they are recommending my email and watchon when I put headphones in

Anyways how do I remove this?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Recommended Shortcuts (Earphones) ... How do I remove this?-uploadfromtaptalk1367911706124.jpg  
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

Default Re: Recommended Shortcuts (Earphones) ... How do I remove this?

I have also been looking for the setting to remove this and couldn't for the life of me find it. I went looking on my S2, cause I remembered removing it on that phone...

On past Samsung phones with jellybean, the setting was under "accessory". Well it seems that they removed the setting on the S4 for some reason. So I guess we're stuck with it for the moment... Hopefully they'll put the setting back in future updates.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Exactly its so annoying! I was able to turn it off on my S3 but I cannot find the setting to turn it off on this phone
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

to remove this "recommendations", you can disable the "PageBuddyNotiSvc" from the application manager...

just go to Settings>More>Application manager>ALL>PageBuddyNotiSvc>Disable....

after this, you just need either to Force Stop this service, or restart the phone, and you won't see the recommendations again

good luck
    Thanked by 4:
    dougltc likes this.

Yeah, unfortunately they removed the ability to enable/disable Page Buddies (in the case of the S4, it's just the headphones). If you don't want to disable it, there's also no way to customize which shortcuts appear there (that wasn't in the Note 2 nor S3 nor updated JellyBean devices either). What it does is show you the apps you used the most on WHILE wearing headphones on your last session. So, if when you plugged your headphones on you used Facebook and GMail more than the music app, those two are gonna show up first.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bray View Post
    to remove this "recommendations", you can disable the "PageBuddyNotiSvc" from the application manager...

just go to Settings>More>Application manager>ALL>PageBuddyNotiSvc>Disable....

after this, you just need either to Force Stop this service, or restart the phone, and you won't see the recommendations again

good luck
    Thank You!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately they removed the ability to enable/disable Page Buddies (in the case of the S4, it's just the headphones). If you don't want to disable it, there's also no way to customize which shortcuts appear there (that wasn't in the Note 2 nor S3 nor updated JellyBean devices either). What it does is show you the apps you used the most on WHILE wearing headphones on your last session. So, if when you plugged your headphones on you used Facebook and GMail more than the music app, those two are gonna show up first.
    Ahh yeah I see...seems rather pointless to me though, unless it showed ONLY music or video apps
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -
    Theundecided likes this.

I was able to expose the hidden menu in settings using Nova Launcher. I created shortcut->Activity->Settings->PageBuddy

Now I can enable/disable all or just earphones, dock or roaming on my AT&T S4.
    Thanked by 6:
    trd 4rnr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by YourBuddy2 View Post
    I was able to expose the hidden menu in settings using Nova Launcher. I created shortcut->Activity->Settings->PageBuddy

Awesome, great to know!

Wait.... How did you find this hidden menu?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Works like a charm in apex launcher

Thanks

Worked in ADW Launcher also... Thanks so much!

Add -> Custom Shortcut
    Pick your Activity
    Activities
    Settings -> Page buddy(.ContextualPageSettings)

Select the new shortcut and disable the whole service or Earphones/Docking/Roaming individually.
    Thanked by 2:

On my note 2,when I connect earphones a whole new page pops up. I have finally found a way to disable the page. First connect earphones, when the page pops up you will notice a settings icon in the top right hand corner. Select the icon, a new page with check boxes appears. This is the "page buddy" options screen. You can disable earphone page buddy from here. Once you have disabled the feature the page buddy will no longer appear. To enable the feature in future you need to remove the stylus to activate the page buddy options menu again. It pops up automatically when you remove the stylus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Recommended Shortcuts (Earphones) ... How do I remove this?-screenshot_2013-06-15-10-47-02.png  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Thanks a lot, that was the good way to do it.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Thank you!

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk 2

Angry Re: Recommended Shortcuts (Earphones) ... How do I remove this?

I have the same it just appeared one day now play music is in the shortcuts now I have to plug the ear phones to listen to music help how do I get rid of this

Lol I think it's funny you guys are trying to remove something that doesn't really do anything.

I personally use it because I end up using the same apps when listening to music.
    Good to know there's a way to remove it though! Thanks.

Evo - MIUI 1.1.28

^----Old signature.

flip phone, bb curve, pre, evo, evo3d, s4.

Global Posts
    421 Global Posts

There's enough b.s. that's taking up space in the pull down window, like the constant wifi notification, where we don't want unnecessary/unwanted options there. It's not that funny.

Constant wifi notification? You mean the settings??

To each his own.

Evo - MIUI 1.1.28

^----Old signature.

flip phone, bb curve, pre, evo, evo3d, s4.

Before I had updated, at one point I had disabled the PageBuddyNotiSvc app in the application settings menu to get rid of the stupid suggestions that pop up when I plug headphones or an aux cable in. Upon doing the update this app got re-enabled. This morning I had disabled it again and not only did the suggestions go away, but so did the stupid volume warnings. So that is a welcome change.
    black Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB + 32GB SD card
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Lol I think it's funny you guys are trying to remove something that doesn't really do anything.

I personally use it because I end up using the same apps when listening to music.
    Good to know there's a way to remove it though! Thanks.
    Hence why people want it removed...its an eye sore and doesnt do anything. The less bloat the better.
    skidoo likes this.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Awesome. Thanks! Just what i was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by YourBuddy2 View Post

Great post, that thing was annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
    Great post, that thing was annoying.
    the setting to remove page buddy can be found under settings> display> page buddy toggle button. on mine it is the fourth option down from the top.

Cheers,

Larry
    GS3 L710
    Virgin Mobile
    Jellybean 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Constant wifi notification? You mean the settings??

To each his own.
    On Verizon when you're connected to WiFi there is a constant notification (much like the temp constant notifications on weather apps)

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

I find this rather annoying; I want this facility to work - but it stopped of its own accord! I got used to it, found it convenient, plug in headset, pull down menu hit music player. no scrolling through homescreens looking for the one with the music player. Tried all the suggestions of how to disable it looking to re-enable, it's on and ticked, just doesnt work. phone detects the headset, screen lights up when I connectit, but no PageBuddy recommended apps at the top of the notification bar. This is very frustrating, I'm the only one who wants it bet cant have it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast