Lookout app?

ladyceres

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, I am new to the Droid platform, and I'm doing my best to get to grips with this new world! The phone came pre-installed with an app called Lookout (not sure if this is exclusive to T-Mo or all companies, so I'm posting here). Last night I charged my phone before bed to 100% and this morning it was down to 56% when the alarm went off. This is so unacceptable to me! So I was looking at the processes running and I turned off the Lookout App. I got my phone up to 90% before I left the house and three hours later, the battery has only dropped to 84% - that is more like it. So, it seems to me that Lookout is a big battery hog, but I guess I'm wondering - is it necessary? Is it just bloatware that can easily be expunged or is it useful in some cases? I appreciate any advice!

BillyMichael92

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
It is an anti virus app (if I'm correct) and can be removed if you want. Go to settings, more, application manager then fine lookout. You should be able to remove it or deactivate it

I personally use avast! as my antivirus and haven't had any battery issues with it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

ladyceres

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes you are right. I guess what I was asking is if an app that scans the phone constantly is actually necessary on droid phones. I saw it scanning new apps as I downloaded them, but then I got a bunch of notifications that it was scanning everything again, which is why I decided to tell it to stop scanning. I will look at reviews for Lookout and Avast. I'm not planning on downloading any dodgy apps, but are these phones more susceptible to viruses from attachments that a program is necessary?

BillyMichael92

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm also pretty new to android but from what I have read android can get virus's and mal ware etc and it's probably recommended to download an antivirus software just incase. Its normal for the software to scan every new download but it shouldn't need to scan the whole phone that often. This may be something u can disable in the settings. Alternatively download a different antivirus Eg avast, avg, etc.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair