Bummer the S4 doesn't currently support the old NFC tags or Tectiles

Parafly9

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering my my NFC tags didn't work and now I know. The S4 doesn't support the older version of tectiles. I guess an update is coming in a few weeks to make it backwards compatible.

See here for yourself

Samsung Galaxy S4 doesn?t support older NFC TecTile tags. Awaits Arrival of TecTile 2

Hi! I'm new here - been lurking a lot. Just got my first Samsung and love it, however, this is annoying news. I ordered the TecTiles and just got them yesterday. So after reading this I tried them out and sure enough, I get the message they are not compatible. I was really looking forward to setting these up. Does anyone know of any tags that are currently out that are compatible.

AlgarY

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Just some additional info: the new Tectile 2s that are coming out are likely to be NFC Forum Type 4 tags. If the rumors are true, these chips are going to have at least 4kb storage which would at least somewhat justify their inflated cost.

For another alternative for everyday user friendly NFC tags, check out the Shop4NFC store.

anon(5976560)

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know what chips the TecTiles 2 ended up using? I heard they were Type 4 but I'm curious as to how much they hold and which tags they actually are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze