rdio doesn't work well with the gs4

benbar21

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Rdio is barely working for me, long pauses between songs, especially downloaded ones, songs being skipped, songs getting stuck at 1s left, etc
And it's not just me, many people with s4s have the same provlem: http://help.rdio.com/customer/porta...ng-pauses-before-songs-begin-playing?t=334103

So, assuming rdio takes a while to do anything, any ideas as to what would be causing this?
Could it be something wrong with mediasrrver? I've noticed that it uses a lot of battery, when it really shouldn't, so maybe it's struggling?
Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
After searching the signature left behind by your Tapatalk app your using the S4 on Canadian Virgin Mobile, is that correct?

This could be related to the radio service your using or even carrier. If you really want to trouble shoot it, I would try out some of the other radio services available and see how your experience is with them as that will tell you if its the phone or just related to the Rdio service.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
benbar21, I have rdio and it's working fine on my phone. Out of curiosity are you using an SD card for storage of your downloaded rdio music? I'm wondering if that's causing it to take a long time. If you are using the SD card, it might be worth trying to switch over to internal memory and see if that improves the response time or not.

[On a side note I'm trying out both rdio and Spotify. Each have their strengths and I'm having a hard time deciding which one to go with long term...]

benbar21

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
After searching the signature left behind by your Tapatalk app your using the S4 on Canadian Virgin Mobile, is that correct?

This could be related to the radio service your using or even carrier. If you really want to trouble shoot it, I would try out some of the other radio services available and see how your experience is with them as that will tell you if its the phone or just related to the Rdio service.
I'm on rogers, and all of the other apps work perfectly, like spotify(American card) and grooveshark
benbar21, I have rdio and it's working fine on my phone. Out of curiosity are you using an SD card for storage of your downloaded rdio music? I'm wondering if that's causing it to take a long time. If you are using the SD card, it might be worth trying to switch over to internal memory and see if that improves the response time or not.

[On a side note I'm trying out both rdio and Spotify. Each have their strengths and I'm having a hard time deciding which one to go with long term...]
It's on the SD card, but it happens with internal memory as well. Spotify works fine on the SD.

I'm not the only person who's experiencing these problems, as per that link I posted.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2