More Icons!

wmikati

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm loving the S4 for its huge screen and very high resolution.... but I'm a bit surprised that it's got the exact same number of icons (4x4) in the launcher as my old HTC Sensation (which was 4.3", 540x960 resolution).

Surely we can pack a tigher grid with no discomfort!

I have the stock ROM, and intend to keep it that way. I have tried using 3rd-party launchers like Apex Launcher, which allows you to go as high as 9x9, but the problem with that is for reason the stock widgets come out all messed up.

Is there an option within S Launcher to increase the grid to say 5x5 or 6x6, or is there a 3rd-party launcher out there that will faithfully replicate all of the S4 widgets?

Thanks a lot!
W

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe there is such an option in the stock launcher, but with third-party launchers such as Apex and Nova you should be able to find an option to "resize all widgets." This will allow you to drop in the stock widgets and resize them to a more correct aspect ratio.

Also, welcome to AC! :)

SimonZed

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes agree with above. I downloaded Go Launcher EX and you can set the number of row and columns and you can also change the size of the icon itself and the colour of font of the app label. And the launcher doesnt change the look and feel of the icon too much. Worth a look at least as its free and you can always uninstall it if you dont like it.

Cheers

wmikati

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions all.

Don't get me wrong, I've tried Nova and Go. They look nice and all, but they don't let you carry over the stock widgets that came with the S4 (such as Travelocity and Story Album). Unless I'm missing something? Also gone is the stock Weather widget (it's there but for some reason comes out much plainer and sadder).

I guess I can live without 'em but I was hoping not to have to compromise..

Thanks,
Wassim

decepticlone

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions all.

Don't get me wrong, I've tried Nova and Go. They look nice and all, but they don't let you carry over the stock widgets that came with the S4 (such as Travelocity and Story Album). Unless I'm missing something? Also gone is the stock Weather widget (it's there but for some reason comes out much plainer and sadder).

I guess I can live without 'em but I was hoping not to have to compromise..

Thanks,
Wassim

All my stock widgets are still there on my GS2 running Nova. I still have the 'News and Weather' and Accuweather widgets. Also, look into 'Glass Widgets'. That thing is awesome and IMHO is the single best weather/news widget I've come accross.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I don't get my they still only allow 4x4 plus the dock. The HTC One does the same thing. Complete waste of space especially when you have a huge section being taken up by the part that's telling you what page you are on. Of course, I know about the launcher than can change this but I just wonder why they do this or not build in the in option to change your layout on the stock launcher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair