How to send videos on S4?

Nuttz565

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
it wont stay in the mms mode. i have to change it every time? ugh
This is a area that Android drives me nuts! For instance on my iphone I can record a 45 second video in full HD and can send it to my friends s4 because my iphone will convert it on the fly when I send it out via MMS. On Android if you don't choose the MMS option before you record your video your out of luck. Yes you can upload it to a service like Dropbox but remember not everyone has unlimited data so unless your on wifi that's not a really good option. Androids messaging has always been behind iOS, hopefully this changes soon when they integrate SMS into Hangouts

MrMoto1992

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
WiFi direct is the fastest method. Just requires you two be on the same wifi

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I just found this thread after posting a new one on the same subject.

My friend asked me for help, as he's new to a Samsung phone. He's trying to break free from Apple's chains, but every time he gets something like this, he's hollering 'can't wait to get back to iPhone'. UGH! Anyway, he sent me the below screen shot of the size of the video file he's trying to send. As you see, it's less than 1 mb, so there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to send it via email or SMS. But he keeps getting a "file size too large" message. An notice the format of the file. .3gp???

Any ideas? Thanks!
Joshs phone.jpg

Rashawn29

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just found this thread after posting a new one on the same subject.

My friend asked me for help, as he's new to a Samsung phone. He's trying to break free from Apple's chains, but every time he gets something like this, he's hollering 'can't wait to get back to iPhone'. UGH! Anyway, he sent me the below screen shot of the size of the video file he's trying to send. As you see, it's less than 1 mb, so there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to send it via email or SMS. But he keeps getting a "file size too large" message. An notice the format of the file. .3gp???

Any ideas? Thanks!
View attachment 94035

When I attach a video to the messaging app it downsize the file before sending it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Lindadaniels

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Download the AMAZON APP PHOTOS.
Save the video you want to send in this APP.
The bottom of the screen shows:
PHOTOS. ALBUM MORE
Find the video you want to send.
Press your finger down on that video.
On the upper right hand corner you will see 3 dots and the symbol for"share:
Press the "SHARE" symbol. You will be able to share any video,new or old via text, email and all other options. Let me know if it works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel