Is S voice still a battery hog

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I remember with the S3 when S-Voice would be just running in the background it would really drain the battery. Is this still a problem with the S4? I just always killed the S-Voice app on the S3 to keep it from running. Never used it that much anyway. Never worked all that good.

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I remember with the S3 when S-Voice would be just running in the background it would really drain the battery. Is this still a problem with the S4? I just always killed the S-Voice app on the S3 to keep it from running. Never used it that much anyway. Never worked all that good.

how do you kill it? I never use it either. Thanks!

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
menu , app manager or something like that and look for all runnign apps and be sure its not in theist. if it is just end it

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can also freeze the app and it'll never load up on its own again. Go to Settings, App Manager, ALL tab and look for SVoice. Once there, kill the app, uncheck the 'notifications' option, and click "Disable". Should you ever need it again, just go back there and hit 'Enable' (disabling the app usually also removes it from the app drawer)