Default internet browser crashes when trying to close multi tabs

gothuevos

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
First off, very impressed with the phone, but just trying to figure out this problem; did a bit of a search first and I couldn't find anything concrete so I wanted to see if you guys could replicate it or think of a fix.

When using the default internet browser, if I hit the button in the top right to open a new browser window, it will go into the "window manager" screen. From there if I hit the "add window" button in the top right with a plus sign, it won't do anything. The only way I can open new windows is if I use the menu button on the bottm left. Furthermore, if there are multi windows open and I try to close one, it will give me the "Unfortunately the internet has stopped" message. Same thing happens if I try to back out of the "window manager" screen.

Any thoughts?

magic_phil

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Have you enabled developer options on your device??
Then try setting the animations back to the default 1.0x
And see if this fixes things!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I doubt that'll fix things...

In any case, my phone seems to work fine and I have animations enabled. Try clearing the cache from the Internet app (Settings/Application Manager) and see if it helps. Also, it would help to know if you're rooted, running a modified ROM or stock, which company your phone is, etc.

El Caballo

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem and found this tread trying to research this problem. I was getting frustrated trying to figure what went wrong. :mad:

This is what I have.
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4. Rooted, but nothing else installed and running all stock.

1. You will need open Titanium Backup. Hope that you already have it and it backed up your apps.

2. Open Titanium Back and tap on "settings" to bring up "Main menu". Select "Batch actions..."

3. Scroll down to "Un-install" and select RUN "Un-install all user & system apps (USE FILTERS &EXTREME CAUTION)"

4. Make sure to "Deselect all"

5. Look for "internet 1.0" and "com.sec.android.app.sbrowsertry 1.0" and check mark both and un-install them.

6. Re-boot your cell.

7. Open Titanium Back again and select "Backup/Restore"

8. Look for "Internet 1.0" select and hit "Restore". When prompted select "App only". Do the same thing for "com.sec.android.app.sbrowsertry 1.0"

If you had bookmarks than you'll have to go back to Titanium Backup to "restore data only" for "Internet 1.0".

This fixed my crash issue. Hope it works for anyone else.:)

magic_phil

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Oops forgot to post this... the solution is quite simple in developer options untick "do not keep activities" Turning this on reproduces the problem on my handset hope this helps someone! :)

Bloodrune

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with the default browser on S4. Love the phone got rid of my iphone after six years. What's happening is when I click on the multiple pages on top right, it expands like it should but when I choose one I get ("Unfortunately the internet has stopped) and or/ unfortunaltely the process has stopped working. and the only way I can access other pages I must type them into url. Anyone have a fix for this?

breadbuy

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
On Samsung S4: On Home Screen click for settings, select 'More' tab, Developer options is under 'System Manager'. Select Developer options and scroll to 'Apps' section. 'Do not keep activities' is listed there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1