Transfer Everything to 32GB Model

Reformed IOS User

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I think I will be fine with the 16gb model.
I would of got the 32 if they had it but I really needed a phone asap

but, If I did trade in for the 32, is there an easy way to create an exact duplicate of the current 16gb on the 32 gb?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Probably the best way would be to make sure your Google sync is on so all your apps are saved/noted on your associated Gmail account so when you do fire up that new 32GB it will start to restore all your apps.

Text messages, SMS Backup & Restore handles those nicely.

Contacts, calender are associated with your Gmail account so that's covered as long as it was synced prior to leaving your 16gb model.

Homescreen setup, best I can recommend is looking into a 3rd party launcher like Nova that supports importing your current setup, save it and then restore it onto the new device.

Otherwise any media can be handled using your file manager and desktop to transfer/duplicate your storage setup.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I actually had to swap devices today and I was rooted so I just used Titanium Backup. Backed up and moved the backup files to my computer and then moved them to my new phone and restored. Didn't have to retweak my settings or anything as if nothing happened. If you don't mind rooting or are already, I highly suggest getting/using titanium back up.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I actually had to swap devices today and I was rooted so I just used Titanium Backup. Backed up and moved the backup files to my computer and then moved them to my new phone and restored. Didn't have to retweak my settings or anything as if nothing happened. If you don't mind rooting or are already, I highly suggest getting/using titanium back up.
Yes this is all correct. I only went thru the winded response I gave earlier assuming were talking about non rooted.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
will backing up with Kies do the trick?
TBH I'm not familar with Kies since I haven't ever really used it with my wife's S3 but its not going to hurt by using it as another line of defense.

Also in case it wasn't mentioned, there is Carbon Backup. That might be just what you need.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Carbon was renamed to Helium
I'll admit I'm a touch out of date on those things, I've always ran rooted and use the standard My Backup Root for my apps/data and TWRP recovery to handle the full backups and for the simpler of things I rely on Nova launcher to handle my home screen stuff.

LynnL

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Helium is great. It's a bit of a thing to set it up if you're not rooted, but once you do get it set up it's easy. The driver on Samsung's site worked for me for the desktop component. (I only wish I could get Helium to work with my Toshiba tablet, but there don't seem to be proper drivers.)

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'll admit I'm a touch out of date on those things, I've always ran rooted and use the standard My Backup Root for my apps/data and TWRP recovery to handle the full backups and for the simpler of things I rely on Nova launcher to handle my home screen stuff.

Yeah I'm with you. Since I always root. I use ROM manager to make a backup on my ROM and titanium to back up all apps and settings. ROM manager also restores the apps and their settings as well so I do titanium as well just in case something quirky happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez