Pop-Up notifications on lockscreen

Juriaan727

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!

I am new to android and I was wondering if its possible to get pop up notifications on the lock screen for emails, sms and whatsapp, just like on the iPhone. By pop up, I mean that I can see for example an incoming message from whatsapp and a preview from the message.

Any ideas?

Thanks! :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Whatsapp lets you do that by activating a setting. I believe some other apps like eBuddy and IM+ also have a similar feature. But if you want to have all apps behave like that, I believe there's an app you can download from the Play Store that will display your notifications via PopUp messages (with previews).

Personally, I DON'T like it as it's a privacy no-no (sooo many times have I caught a glance of messages I shouldn't have read on my friends' iPhones), but it can be done.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!

I am new to android and I was wondering if its possible to get pop up notifications on the lock screen for emails, sms and whatsapp, just like on the iPhone. By pop up, I mean that I can see for example an incoming message from whatsapp and a preview from the message.

Any ideas?

Thanks! :)

I've found Popup Notifier the best at handling all my notification needs. It comes up on the lock screen, and you can customize how it does so, and/or will wake the phone. It handles every app that has a notification -- from email and SMS/messaging, of course, to Facebook, Twitter, BeWeather advisories, and my specialized work and email calendar app. You can turn any of them on or off. You can have an SMS option that let's you reply right in the pop up. The paid version lets you turn off pop ups during a preset time period (i.e., when you're sleeping) and allows customizable pop up themes. The developer is very responsive.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...3B1cG5vdGlmaWNhdGlvbnNsaXRlIl0&token=Q1W5r_6c.

:cool:

mvysata

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Try Smart Notify https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kuma.smartnotify

sn1en.jpg
sn2en.jpg

Spokendisease

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I know this post is really old but I have Textra and Popup Notifier but I can't get either to give me a popup on the lockscreen. How did you set the lock screen ability?

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm using popup notifications. Only £0.69 and works exactly like iOS. It will do any and every app on your phone if you tell it to

Posted via Android Central App

Spokendisease

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Who is the developer for that one so I can find it easier? If it's by Bunny.Decoder I've already tried it. I can't remember if I got it to work or if it didn't work to my liking. I tried a bunch of others but found the Nils lock screen app and that seems to be the one I WI have to settle for. I really like popup notifier when it actually works like it's supposed to!

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
It is bunny decoder. Does what I need it to

Posted via Android Central App

I tried Nils but it didn't obey photo table so it would stay visible when it shouldn't

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-26-12-45-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-26-12-45-29.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 9

Spokendisease

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I re-downloaded pop up notifications and I remember what was wrong. I have one wallpaper for my home screens and a different one for my lock screen. The one for the home screen ends up showing up behind the notifications on the lockscreen and when I click on it, it goes back to the regular lock screen. Since I paid for it I will try to write the developer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis