Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JasW
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pop-Up notifications on lockscreen

Hi all!

I am new to android and I was wondering if its possible to get pop up notifications on the lock screen for emails, sms and whatsapp, just like on the iPhone. By pop up, I mean that I can see for example an incoming message from whatsapp and a preview from the message.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Default Re: Pop-Up notifications on lockscreen

Whatsapp lets you do that by activating a setting. I believe some other apps like eBuddy and IM+ also have a similar feature. But if you want to have all apps behave like that, I believe there's an app you can download from the Play Store that will display your notifications via PopUp messages (with previews).

Personally, I DON'T like it as it's a privacy no-no (sooo many times have I caught a glance of messages I shouldn't have read on my friends' iPhones), but it can be done.

Global Posts
    5,949 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juriaan727 View Post
    Hi all!

I am new to android and I was wondering if its possible to get pop up notifications on the lock screen for emails, sms and whatsapp, just like on the iPhone. By pop up, I mean that I can see for example an incoming message from whatsapp and a preview from the message.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    I've found Popup Notifier the best at handling all my notification needs. It comes up on the lock screen, and you can customize how it does so, and/or will wake the phone. It handles every app that has a notification -- from email and SMS/messaging, of course, to Facebook, Twitter, BeWeather advisories, and my specialized work and email calendar app. You can turn any of them on or off. You can have an SMS option that let's you reply right in the pop up. The paid version lets you turn off pop ups during a preset time period (i.e., when you're sleeping) and allows customizable pop up themes. The developer is very responsive.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...GlvbnNsaXRlIl0.

FitMomXtine likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks so much guys you are always so helpful here

Thanked by:

Thanks for help, I found glowfly app an works good.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk

Did any one find one that does emails as well?

Oh perfect, I was hoping to find a way to do this.

Posted via Android Central App

Try this app. Its awesome for lockscreen notifications like iphone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pnotifications

Hello, I know this post is really old but I have Textra and Popup Notifier but I can't get either to give me a popup on the lockscreen. How did you set the lock screen ability?

I'm using popup notifications. Only £0.69 and works exactly like iOS. It will do any and every app on your phone if you tell it to

Who is the developer for that one so I can find it easier? If it's by Bunny.Decoder I've already tried it. I can't remember if I got it to work or if it didn't work to my liking. I tried a bunch of others but found the Nils lock screen app and that seems to be the one I WI have to settle for. I really like popup notifier when it actually works like it's supposed to!

It is bunny decoder. Does what I need it to

I tried Nils but it didn't obey photo table so it would stay visible when it shouldn't
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pop-Up notifications on lockscreen-screenshot_2014-07-26-12-45-29.jpg  

I re-downloaded pop up notifications and I remember what was wrong. I have one wallpaper for my home screens and a different one for my lock screen. The one for the home screen ends up showing up behind the notifications on the lockscreen and when I click on it, it goes back to the regular lock screen. Since I paid for it I will try to write the developer.

Mine actually opens the app that caused the notification. Don't know why it doesn't work for you