predictive text?

sweetxdreams

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I recently changed from the s2 to the s4
On my previous phone if the word you were looking for wasn't in the predictive text dictionary, it had the option for you to add new words. Where as the s4 doesn't seem to have this option.. If I can't find the word I'm after I have to turn predictive text off and do it the old fashioned way. It's a real pain as texting seems to take so long! Anyone else had this problem, I don't like using the qwerty keyboard, so need something more easier

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about the S2 but on the S4 if the word is not there, you type the word while texting then click on the word that you typed and it will ask you if you want to save it to your personal dictionary. Once you click on it it will be available on the predictive text next time you write and you can do this with stock keyboard or swype method.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, as fantom says you don't see the option because it automatically adds new words. Also, long-pressing on a prediction will allow you to delete a word form the dictionary (say, you entered a misspelled word and it saved it and now pops it everytime but you know it's wrong, that's how you get rid of them).

Claire Boyles

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it's because I'm in bed with flu, but this doesn't make any sense to me...

I got my new S4 3 days ago, I attempt to type in things that I've taught my old phone, such as "xox" to end a text to my boyfriend with kisses & hugs, and it doesn't give me "xox" as an option in the predictive text, if I click on the word itself, the only options I get is to copy / paste the text etc.

I cannot find a way to save words that are not already in the dictionary.

Help would be very much appreciated :)

somwell

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes, as I type, I know that a ‘foreign’ word will not be accepted by the autocorrecting keyboard. Since it is a useful tool, I do not want to turn it off.

Solution: while the foreign word is still underlined, I click (tap) on it, then it gets accepted. This technique also works for regular English words that the system sometimes doesn’t recognize for unknown reasons.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2