I take back all my hate on the S4.

93Aero

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
No, seriously look at my previous posts. I use to bash the S4 so much but I never used one, I got the chance to use one and I was impressed.

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4

To report on something without having first hand use of it, is foul. You do realize your credibility is shot.
I signed up on Android Central to get actual users account & experiences with the S4, while trying to figure out if I wanted it or the Q/Z10.
To me this is worse than trolling I'm surprised there was no penalty or ban for your actions.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
To report on something without having first hand use of it, is foul. You do realize your credibility is shot.
I signed up on Android Central to get actual users account & experiences with the S4, while trying to figure out if I wanted it or the Q/Z10.
To me this is worse than trolling I'm surprised there was no penalty or ban for your actions.

You seriously felt the need to post this? He's already admitted his past behavior was wrong, if that isn't good enough for you then I find myself doubting your credibility of being anything more than a flamebaiter. It's done, he's seen the error of his ways, learned his lesson, so move on like an adult.

Posted via Android Central App

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I never understood people beating this phone up (or any, for that matter) who had never used it to begin with. I've already seen people dismissing the Xphone because of a line drawing they've seen. Not a picture or a leaked spec sheet - a line drawing of the back of the device. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm no Sammy fan but that's due to my past experiences (not because it's plastic), but to completely disregard a phone that wasn't out yet was silly. The same thing happened with the One and it's camera and BlinkFeed. I mean people were bashing these phones in February and March when nobody had even laid hands on one. I've always like the way the Samsung screens popped but I think it's because of those deep blacks more than the saturated colors. I haven't played around with it enough to comment on any lag (which I didn't see) or most of the sensor features, but that camera is sick. Probably the best I've seen. I love the One in low light and the Zoe features but I take lots of outdoor panoramas too and imagine the GS4 is a beast there. I just wish our non-Nexus devices would get some PhotoSphere love.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately a lot of people have done this in regards to the S4. He not only admitted doing so, but said he was wrong. No need to bring it up further.

Congrats on getting the S4, OP.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I never understood people beating this phone up (or any, for that matter) who had never used it to begin with. I've already seen people dismissing the Xphone because of a line drawing they've seen. Not a picture or a leaked spec sheet - a line drawing of the back of the device. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm no Sammy fan but that's due to my past experiences (not because it's plastic), but to completely disregard a phone that wasn't out yet was silly. The same thing happened with the One and it's camera and BlinkFeed. I mean people were bashing these phones in February and March when nobody had even laid hands on one. I've always like the way the Samsung screens popped but I think it's because of those deep blacks more than the saturated colors. I haven't played around with it enough to comment on any lag (which I didn't see) or most of the sensor features, but that camera is sick. Probably the best I've seen. I love the One in low light and the Zoe features but I take lots of outdoor panoramas too and imagine the GS4 is a beast there. I just wish our non-Nexus devices would get some PhotoSphere love.

I think the bashing comes mostly from past phones that the bashed owned, from either Samsung, HTC, LG etc I think all these companies have come a long way but some still cannot get over the grudge,.and continue there hate years and known improvements Later

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
We all make comments and judgments about phones before they are released based on specs etc... Sometimes just holding it fitter the first time will change your opinion. For example saw my first 4k TV yesterday and was more blown away than I thought I would be

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Omg the S4's screen is STUNNING I used to hate the s3 screen but the S4just blows it away. The phone doesn't feel any bigger then the s3 and its also lighter I used to say that the plastic is cheap on the S4 and it doesn't feel cheap at all! Then the speed, people complained about lag and the S4 proves that to be false. The camera options are AMAZING and its just an awesome phone! I wish I had enough money to keep my N4 and get the S4.

Gj Sammy you now have a convert for next year.

Wow....after all that contradicting me lol ;):p:)

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
He's not trolling. He's outspoken. And he's from New Zealand so we have to forgive him.

Btw Jerry, I did love that post. Like a father swatting his son across the back of the head (electronically of course).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I would have notified him in a PM. No sense in threatening the guy until you know the situation. A PM conversation would have resolved the issue.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
That's why we love our Nexus phones. Every 6 months we get a little surprise.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Urrgh...Nexus, if they started fitting them with good cameras, decent DACs, great screens, bigger batteries and mem expansion maybe then I'd consider getting one.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah sorry:D

Well, I have to give you credit for being honest and admitting a mistake. I don't know how many times I have written off a product because of bias or preconceived notions only to change my mind later. I looked at the HTC One X and decided on the S3 and looked at the HTC One and choose the S4. But I can honestly say it was a rational decision based on features and not some bias.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Urrgh...Nexus, if they started fitting them with good cameras, decent DACs, great screens, bigger batteries and mem expansion maybe then I'd consider getting one.

The camera was the only thing you mentioned that the N4 needed. The rest were good.

Posted via Android Central App

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
What are the actual differences from the S3 to S4 screen besides size and resolution?

Does it still use the same underlying technology resulting in similar brightness, sharpness, color, contrast, and balance?

Same base tech but the pixel arrangement is different, it looks much sharper and brighter. Although still not as much as my N4.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

The screen is good , battery could be better ,mem expansion whether you like it or not is legacy features that will be dropped soon. greater camera next year. The Nexus phones are amazing:)

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
We all make comments and judgments about phones before they are released based on specs etc... Sometimes just holding it fitter the first time will change your opinion. For example saw my first 4k TV yesterday and was more blown away than I thought I would be

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
No we don't ALL make judgements about phones before they are released. Some of us have the good sense to handle devices prior to offering personal impressions.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
The screen is good , battery could be better ,mem expansion whether you like it or not is legacy features that will be dropped soon. greater camera next year. The Nexus phones are amazing:)

Mem expansion a legacy feature that will be dropped soon??? Highly doubt Samsung will do something that stupid anytime soon, not until mobile networks have a proper infrustructure to handle Cloud Storage consistently, even Sony brought it back after the Xperia S failed.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Mem expansion a legacy feature that will be dropped soon??? Highly doubt Samsung will do something that stupid anytime soon, not until mobile networks have a proper infrustructure to handle Cloud Storage consistently, even Sony brought it back after the Xperia S failed.

Yes, removable SD storage is not supported by Android officially. Manufacturers are of course free to make modifications to allow for it and they probably will continue to do so for awhile, but it's not just cloud storage that can replace the need, they could also make 512GB internal storage with very little added bulk to the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34