galaxy s4 Bluetooth

vjpr

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have problem with bluetooth media output connection with bluetooth in my car. When I do a new pairing both call audio and media audio get connected.
When my bluetooth on the phone is already on and then I turn on my car, only call audio get connected. I have to manually check the media audio selection to connect media audio. If I turn off and on the bluetooth on the phone then both call audio and media audio gets connected. This is very annoying. My previous phones including iphone 5 & HTC had no issue, there was no separate selection on call and media audio. Whenever I turn on the car, the bluetooth call & media audio connects seemlessly. But not on Galaxy s4 & this is very annoying. Does anyone has this issue? Is there a fix?

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
same problem here,

my previous phones were a samsung galaxy s2 i9100, also successful with ipods 3rd and 4th, and iphones 3s, 4, and 4s, a bunch of other androids, such as an LG, and several mid-range samsungs....
this is the 1st time i have to manually check the media audio each and every time i get into my car, with my brand new samsung galaxy s4 sgh-i337m....

anyone got a fix for this? is it a setting? or a bug?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Can it be the car's Handsfree System?

My brother has the 2010 Acura TSX Base and both my S4 & One has no problems. Bluetooth is left on.

I had issue before where it just wouldn't connect on my 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE and I just delete it from the Handsfree and repair it.

Good luck.

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
you sir, just made my day! :D

thank you very much bembol... just unpaired it from the handset, and my handsfree cannot delete a specific one, so I did a reset, and after pairing it back, it just connected like a charm! no more need to manually connect for media audio XD

i don't know how come i couldn't think of this before! hahahahahaha

thank you very much :')

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Can it be the car's Handsfree System?

My brother has the 2010 Acura TSX Base and both my S4 & One has no problems. Bluetooth is left on.

I had issue before where it just wouldn't connect on my 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE and I just delete it from the Handsfree and repair it.

Good luck.

2012 Civic Si here and no issues here. Guess Samsung and Acura/Honda play well together. :)

Posted via Android Central App

future_treo

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
and my handsfree cannot delete a specific one, so I did a reset, and after pairing it back,

Having the exact same problem with an aftermarket Sony Bluetooth Deck. So annoying! What did you reset, your phone or your car audio? Did you do a HARD reset where you wiped out all the information on your phone or a reboot? Thanks!

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Having the exact same problem with an aftermarket Sony Bluetooth Deck. So annoying! What did you reset, your phone or your car audio? Did you do a HARD reset where you wiped out all the information on your phone or a reboot? Thanks!

personally, i just unpaired the phone, and reset the car audio, which is aftermarket too... there was no need to reset the phone, nor to reboot it, just reset the car audio, that in my case, had to be off to perform the reset... hehehe

hope this helps you too... all the credits go to bembol, who was the one that helped me out :D

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Well, just updating.... my problem isn't solved.....

At the morning I reset the audio deck, unpaired the phone, and when turning everything back on and pairing the phone, it worked....
Now I got out of work, and it turned out that once again I had to manually connect for media audio... once at home, tried again several times to reset the deck, unpair the phone, I even unpaired every device from the phone, everything without success.... it just connected right immediately after the process, but once I turn everything off and then back on, the problem is back ):

Don't know what else to try

dkh1956

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Having a problem connecting my galaxys4 to my car multimedia says connected to when I go to answer just no sound any ideas what I do to fix problem

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Your decks probably need a Bluetooth update, so check your manufacturers website to see if there is one. I had the S3 and bought a Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS. The S3 connected but I had same problem as you guys. Went to pioneers website which had an update to the Bluetooth so I installed it. All phones I have now connect flawlessly.

future_treo

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah.it's a problem with the S4. It will automatically connect to car audio as phone only and not media. I have to manually select media under bluetooth setting. My nexus4 connected both without issue...

ryantollefson

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah.it's a problem with the S4. It will automatically connect to car audio as phone only and not media. I have to manually select media under bluetooth setting...

I had the exact same issue. I found a workaround:
  • Install "Bluetooth Auto Connect" (there are two in the play store, I used the one by Jakub Klos).
  • Check both profiles in the app (Media Audio & Call Audio)
  • Select "Screen On" as one of the events (I leave bluetooth on most of the time for my phone, so this was the best trigger event)

That's it, now it works as I would have expected.

krayzbone227

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same issue...the thing is when I manually select media it'll stay checked for only a few seconds before it unchecks itself again...

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Same issues with BT but I've determined it's because of the 4.2.2 software/firmware. For me 4.1.2 on my old S3 worked flawlessly. Now with S4, 4.2.2. is totally hit and miss (more miss) using BT now. Sucks, hoping they update things to fix it.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem. Never had this happen before with previous cars or phones. Since I got the S4 it connects the phone to the MS Sync but not media. It tells me no Bluetooth connected (even though it shows the phone connected and the phone works), I will search for one and then it connects. Very annoying. This is on a 2012 Lincoln. I'll try out the app suggested above and see if that helps.

FrankTheTank

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to chime in that my S4 running 4.2.2 does not play well with my car bluetooth's connection (2012 Prius). Incoming calls are not being displayed on the car's screen. It just shows as "Unknown" and won't even show a phone number on the screen so I have no idea who is calling. My car pairs and works fine with my old Droid X, my co-workers Droid Razor (4.1.2), and my wife's iphone 5 so I know its either an S4 or a 4.2.2 issue. Looks like I will be taking the phone back to the Verizon store tomorrow.

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Same issue but I get media and no phone. Have to manually tell my Honda to pair for phone connectivity. It's annoying for sure.

TrtlePwr

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Oh man, I've been searching everywhere to find the answer to this problem. Same thing, phone audio connects, media does not. Incredibly annoying. Must be some way to tell the s4 to connect them both automatically...but nothing is ever that easy I guess.