GS4 vs the One - GSM Arena

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I always like how GSM arena has extended reviews that goes into detail. They know what they're talking about.

Look at the low light camera comparison.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not usually one to place high value on phone reviews done by people I'm not familiar with (I feel I'm able to read and accurately interpret the AC reviews), but that GSM Arena comparison is very well done. It's not every phone review in which you see photographic testing/quality control charts being used.

patelkedar91

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not usually one to place high value on phone reviews done by people I'm not familiar with (I feel I'm able to read and accurately interpret the AC reviews), but that GSM Arena comparison is very well done. It's not every phone review in which you see photographic testing/quality control charts being used.

Yeah I put a higher value on GSM Arena and Anandtech reviews! They do go into all the nitty gritty details and really man-handle the phone before rushing to give a quick review!
Alas, Anandtech only released part 1 of their review. Hopefully they can finish it soon, even though I already have a GS4.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Just gonna say here, at this point the only differences between those awesome phones is software. Both excel at this, as I personally see my self using BlinkFeed more then perhaps say the gestures that my S4 has. With these super phones it's either feature packed or few features fully refined.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Just gonna say here, at this point the only differences between those awesome phones is software. Both excel at this, as I personally see my self using BlinkFeed more then perhaps say the gestures that my S4 has. With these super phones it's either feature packed or few features fully refined.

I'd disagree. I think the software for some people is the biggest selling point one way or another, but by your logic the two would be essentially the same if running AOSP software.

Your statement about lots of good features or a smaller number of polished, higher-quality features I think is very true. I feel the same way about Samsung's gestures and similar features when compared to BlinkFeed and the media-centric Zoe/Highlights.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I want to throw a phone in the mix here, the HTC DNA which is every bit as good as, if not better than the HTC ONE IMHO.

What I like most about the DNA vs the ONE :

5" 1080p display
Full glass face
Wireless Charging
Polycarbonate curved back, this phone is very comfortable in the hand, and like the Sammy fans say, plastic is much more durable (I dropped my phone from about 4 feet onto a tile floor and not even a scratch).

Where the ONE is better than the DNA :

Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 1.7 GHZ vs Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5 GHZ
Camera (4 ultra pixel vs 8 mp)
IR Blaster
Sense 5 (supposed to come to the DNA later this year)
ZOE
More internal memory options

Sent from my HTC DROID DNA using the Android Central App

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I'd disagree. I think the software for some people is the biggest selling point one way or another, but by your logic the two would be essentially the same if running AOSP software.

Your statement about lots of good features or a smaller number of polished, higher-quality features I think is very true. I feel the same way about Samsung's gestures and similar features when compared to BlinkFeed and the media-centric Zoe/Highlights.
True, the One has a better build(Ive had the pleasure of using it, courtesy of my mum) and the IPS display is much better as an all rounder.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
They said the one display is not easy to use in direct sunlight,i have to disagree,i have a droid DNA and work outside all day and find the screen just fine.i would think the one screen is a bit better then the DNA.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
They said the one display is not easy to use in direct sunlight,i have to disagree,i have a droid DNA and work outside all day and find the screen just fine.i would think the one screen is a bit better then the DNA.

The DNA does great in sunlight, so there should be no problem using the ONE outdoors.

Sent from my HTC DROID DNA using the Android Central App

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Love that I have both! LOL

Got my popcorn. :)

Same here. it is impossible to choose between the two. Using gs4 as main but I think the One makes for a great weekend/travel/entertainment device with zoe, highlights, and the awesome speakers. GS4, One, and N4 should hold me over for a while.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Why can't I be cool enough to have two phones? =/ Just can't justify the extra $30 green a month for two years for a phone that just looks great. I don't think I'd ever even use the One. I'd just have it out when I'm trying to look like a baller in front of the females. (shhh, don't tell my chick)

Or bust out both phones when I'm trying to look savy to the nerdy chicks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Why can't I be cool enough to have two phones? =/ Just can't justify the extra $30 green a month for two years for a phone that just looks great. I don't think I'd ever even use the One. I'd just have it out when I'm trying to look like a baller in front of the females. (shhh, don't tell my chick)

Or bust out both phones when I'm trying to look savy to the nerdy chicks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

I don't have any extra lines. Just an addiction and fortunate enough to be able to feed that addiction. I know that sounds rather douchetastic but it certainly isn't meant to. Some people spend their money on trucks, golf, whatever as hobbies. Me, I like cell phones. As long as I buy my wife the occasional purse or whatever it usually doesn't cause any issues.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any extra lines. Just an addiction and fortunate enough to be able to feed that addiction. I know that sounds rather douchetastic but it certainly isn't meant to. Some people spend their money on trucks, golf, whatever as hobbies. Me, I like cell phones. As long as I buy my wife the occasional purse or whatever it usually doesn't cause any issues.

Well you are lucky being 15 and addicted to tech isn't easy!

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac