Different Sounds for different message type?
Am I a total noob - or is there not a way to make it so that there are different sounds for different messages...
I dont want my phone to make noise when i get email
I DO want a specific different noise for each: SMS, What's APP, Twitter mentions etc...
All i can see in the sound settings is opportunity to put a sound in for general blanket notification.
- 05-13-2013, 11:26 AM #2
- 05-13-2013, 11:26 AM #3
- 12 Posts
Re: Different Sounds for different message type?
You have to change that in the apps. For example, go to your Mail app, hit menu key, go to Settings, click on the account, and change notification settings from there. Where it says "select ringtone" just click on it, scroll up and choose "Silent".
Same for Twitter, messaging, etc. Go in the app to settings and all apps that send notifications should have options to silence them or not show them at all. Hope this helps.
- 05-13-2013, 11:27 AM #4
- By shawdzad in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 07-25-2012, 12:39 PM
- By MannyZ28 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 06-06-2012, 01:13 AM
- By cosmos0001 in forum HTC EVO 3DReplies: 2Last Post: 01-17-2012, 06:49 AM
- By jfarling in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 01-29-2011, 11:55 AM
- By JodyL in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 07-06-2010, 07:51 AM