s4 lag questions.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
so i hear about lag in animations and other spots on the s4. im sure is primarily touch wiz. im due for an update on verizon. currently on galaxy nexus. im waiting to see if there will be a new nexus, htc one variant or go with gs4.

from those of you running a 3rd party launcher nova, go, ect does the lag go away? im not to worried of losing the air gesture gimmicky stuff. thanks

brianphrack

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
so i hear about lag in animations and other spots on the s4. im sure is primarily touch wiz. im due for an update on verizon. currently on galaxy nexus. im waiting to see if there will be a new nexus, htc one variant or go with gs4.

from those of you running a 3rd party launcher nova, go, ect does the lag go away? im not to worried of losing the air gesture gimmicky stuff. thanks

There have been many threads on this. There was slight lag, rather slight stutter which was negligable to me, before the update. After the update, I've seen absolutely none at all.

As for lauchers, I saw no 'stutter' while using Nova.

Get into a store and play with one, see what you think.
(To note, my local AT&T store has not updated their display phones. Why? I have no idea. I downloaded the updates on their display phones myself, lol.)

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Samsung released an update for the S4 a couple of days ago. Any lag (if you had it) was fixed by the update.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
thanks guys. havent really had time to get to store between work and having twins. once the verizon presser an google i/o happen ill see my options. but didnt see the update fixed it. thanks again guys

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
If u are talking about the slight delay to go home screen when you press the home button, please deactivate s voice. By default double trapping on the home button activates s voice. This cause the slight delay. Once you deactivate s voice home key become extremely snappy.
For more tips on speeding up the phone without launcher or root go to Tweaks to make Galaxy S4 even better! - StarHub Community - 18108

trust me, i have watched walkthrough vids an the s voice. eye gesture, air gesture is stuff i wont use. i plan on turning it off. but i prefer nova launcher, at least until some great roms come

decepticlone

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I just started having 'lag' when closing out of any app. The desktop takes about 1 to 2 seconds to completely redraw. This is after the update and disabling SVoice. It's not too bad, though. The phone is ridiculously quick and I'm sure they'll patch it soon, plus, like you said, some nice ROMs are around the corner. NovaLauncher worked for a bit, but all of a sudden stopped for some reason. Haven't tried to reinstall yet.

DavidT787

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same problem, I'm not sure why it fixed for others. But this lag is getting on my nerve since I'm used to the butter smooth nexus 4, it took a few seconds to load up dial pad and contact list, scroll lags on launcher pages. I wonder if this is a defective unit