Uninstalling pre-installed apps??

Dx3me

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to uninstall pre-installed apps?
Many of them I never use anyway, such as; ChatON, Samsung Link, Story Album, etc, etc...

And if so, how can I do that?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to uninstall pre-installed apps?
Many of them I never use anyway, such as; ChatON, Samsung Link, Story Album, etc, etc...

And if so, how can I do that?

You have to root your phone. This is one of the reason people root. See the first root in my signature for basic info since it appears you may not have much experience with this. See the rooting sub-forum at the top of this forum for info related to the S4.

Jeevan More

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Actually there is a way to uninstall pre-installed apps without rooting your device.There is an app by name CLEAN MASTER. In Clean Master there is a feature 'manage apps' in that you can uninstall pre-installed apps.

JamesBramble

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Actually there is a way to uninstall pre-installed apps without rooting your device.There is an app by name CLEAN MASTER. In Clean Master there is a feature 'manage apps' in that you can uninstall pre-installed apps.

I've just installed this, although it seems a very good app, all I can uninstall is the actual apps I've installed, and not what was already pre-installed on the phone when I received it.

There may be a option to show all the apps on the phone but I haven't found it yet....

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I've just installed this, although it seems a very good app, all I can uninstall is the actual apps I've installed, and not what was already pre-installed on the phone when I received it.

There may be a option to show all the apps on the phone but I haven't found it yet....

Not your fault but you can't.

Hence my "?????" above as in wondering what he was talking about.

Evil Angelus

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

I've tried said app and this is FALSE. It only gives you the option to delete those you've downloaded which actually makes it a pretty pointless app.

If it helps anyone however I've discovered how to remove the widgets that were pre-applied to the home screens such as Story Album. DO NOT go through the apps page, I had this confusion and they can't be removed that way. Instead hold and drag them to the trash directly from the home screen they are inhabiting. They won't be deleted from the phone I don't think, they just won't be obnoxiously displayed on your home screens anymore.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith