Customized Message Alerts

dopestar

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
I assigned special message alerts to some of my contacts via address book/Contacts and when I received MMS/SMS messages from all the people that I assigned special alerts to, I get the freaking Samsung default alert.

Is this a bug or just a damn oversight on a setting that I did not take in consideration too?

The customized alerts/notifications are on my SD card and they are appearing under the contacts-message alert. Can someone guide me to the right direction?

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4- ATT

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Have they added that function to the default contacts app on the G4? Previously you could only set a custom *ringtone* from the Contacts/People app.You had to use another message app or a utility like Lightflow or SMS (Text) Pager to get custom message alerts.

dopestar

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Have they added that function to the default contacts app on the G4? Previously you could only set a custom *ringtone* from the Contacts/People app.You had to use another message app or a utility like Lightflow or SMS (Text) Pager to get custom message alerts.

Yea that feature is accessible in the contact app but doesn't seem to work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Joseph Luedtke

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I was having same problem, then changed notifications in the sound menu to silent and it worked.... then changed notifications back and is still working. Still trying to figure out how to add my own tones to the list of message alerts.

I think I figured it out. By using the my files app find the runtime you want to use... probably in device storage then ringtones. Select it then hit menu and select move. Then put out in device storage / media / audio /notifications. First time i tried it didn't show but second time it did.

Last edited:

dopestar

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you clarify that your assigning custom alerts per person via contacts? If so what carrier are you using and if your rooted or not

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

JDasenbrock

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with contact specific message alerts on my Galaxy S4. I found that it seems to work fine for contacts that are based on a phone number, but does not work if the contact is based on an e-mail address. My specific example is problem ticket alerts from my employer, they arrive from an e-mail address and will always play the default message alert despite the fact that the contact has a different message alert selected.

If anyone has any suggestions other than using an alternate messaging app, that'd be cool.

Baba Gonzales

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
thanks! i copied the ringtone into my files>media>audio>notifications but it didn't work... then i tried to copy it into my files>notifications... and there it was! :D hope it stays there ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol