Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chomp SMS won't send MMS

Chomp is my favorite SMS client, but I tried everything to get it to send out MMS with no success. Receives MMS fine just won't send them even if you transpose the APN settings into the program.

So I sent an email to Chomp SMS support and they got back to me in less than and hour and said they were aware of the problem and are working on a fix! Respect for the quick reply, the owning up to the issue, and working on a fix! I will be sticking with Chomp for now and just using stock message app to send the MMS outbound until the update arrives.

Doug

Thumbs down Re: Chomp SMS won't send MMS

Same boat boss. I've emailed them and they keep telling me to be patient. not one single bit of trouble shooting has helped the matter. I also tried using the T Mobile USA APN settings and it did nothing. Its been two weeks now. People need to bring this up in the reviews under the Google Play Store but not that many people have those horrible Google Plus accounts you now need to rate an app.

but at least I have the problem of my phone heating up to 104 degrees Fahrenheit to distract me from the pesky MMS problem

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default Re: Chomp SMS won't send MMS

I went into the settings of chomp and entered the APN MMS settings info and was good to go. That fixed it for me on AT&T.

I have problem with Chomp sms no popup on locked screen until I unlock the screen. Also what is the best way to send pictures. I have problems every time I attach the photo and won't go just sync.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk

Same problem here. Only the "stock" messenger is able to send mms.
    Glad they are fixing it..

I was having the same issue last night...I just got my S4 and this was the first time I tried to send pictures...said something about APN settings...I will try to investigate that to see if I can find what to put in...it was driving me crazy.

I tried the same thing entering http://mmsc.mobile.att.net proxy proxy.mobile.att.net ad port 80....did not work for me on att....I hope they fix it soon.

I love ChompSMS.. I use it on all my Android phones .

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

I got this back from support

We're working on a fix for MMS 4.2.2. The workaround for now is use the stock messaging application, shouldn't be much longer.

Thanks for all your support!
    Hopefully very soon they will have a fix

I seem to have no problems with using the MMS settings and GoSMS on my S4.

Wanted to try something else, sad to see Chomp won't.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Can you guys receive MMS messages through Chomp?
    My friend has a HTC phone and it works fine on his. I have a Galaxy S2. We have the same versions of Chomp, but on his under Settings=>Mobile carrier Network=>MMS Network Settings, he has an extra option i don't. Its labeled "Auto Retreive". It doesn't show up for me. Do you guys have that option?

Quote Originally Posted by kgzero View Post
    My friend has a HTC phone and it works fine on his. I have a Galaxy S2. We have the same versions of Chomp, but on his under Settings=>Mobile carrier Network=>MMS Network Settings, he has an extra option i don't. Its labeled "Auto Retreive". It doesn't show up for me. Do you guys have that option?
    Same here

I don't have that in Chomp, but I have it in the stock app. In order for me to receive any MMS messages, I had to enable that.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I have been messing with that setting on the stock app and it doesn't seem to help. I deselect it and reset my phone just to see if that does anything, but it doesn't, as should be expected. I then reselect it and reset the phone, and still nothing. So, not sure what to do . I am currently emailing back and forth with the developer. I'll update as I find out anymore stuff.
    speed13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kgzero View Post
    Go into the stock app and turn on auto retrieve. It will then count for ChompSMS.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

It actually doesn't work. That was the first thing I tried, and Auto-Retrieve was already selected from the get go, even before I got ChompSMS. Like i said previously I have been messing around with that setting, but doesn't help.

The developer asked me to download Textra (another of their text apps) to see if the problem lies with ChompSMS. I installed it and had my friend send me an MMS. Guess what, it worked. So there seems to be a problem with Chomp.

Make sure that you are on the mobile network and not a wireless one. I noticed that I can't receive any MMS messages when I'm on my home wireless. I have to turn on mobile and then go into the actual messaging app and tell it to download the message. Little annoying, but I can live with it for now.

I cant receive MMS. Auto retrieve is not an option in my settings except for the stock app. I used this perfectly on HTC Incredible but I am now using Galaxy s3. I am bummed. Loved the app.
    It does work if I disable wifi. Shouldnt have to do that though. Man has walked on the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelley Kuhlman View Post
    I cant receive MMS. Auto retrieve is not an option in my settings except for the stock app. I used this perfectly on HTC Incredible but I am now using Galaxy s3. I am bummed. Loved the app.
    It does work if I disable wifi. Shouldnt have to do that though. Man has walked on the moon.
    Set the auto retrieve in the stock app and ChompSMS will use it and automatically download the MMS.

Where did you find your apn settings at to type in? Like where are they located at?

I have looked all over for it. Where is the apn settings at on a s4?

Quote Originally Posted by jpayne#AC View Post
    I tried the same thing entering http://mmsc.mobile.att.net proxy proxy.mobile.att.net ad port 80....did not work for me on att....I hope they fix it soon.
    I used these settings on the latest update and it worked for me. I was able to send MMS messages to both iphone and android phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ditty View Post
    I used these settings on the latest update and it worked for me. I was able to send MMS messages to both iphone and android phones.
    It's not work for me on att with GS4

Make sure the USA T-Mobike check box is selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ditty View Post
    Make sure the USA T-Mobike check box is selected.
    I'm on att

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast