Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By paintdrinkingpete
  • 1 Post By areyes163
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Warranty for Samsung Galaxy S4

I bought my Samsung Galaxy S4, and now I am thinking about rooting it. If I root it, I am aware that my manufacturer warranty will be voided. Can anyone tell me of a company that covers rooted Android phones for 2 years? I also want a company that I can trust.

Global Posts
    4,297 Global Posts
    Carrier
    TNTC

Default Re: Warranty for Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by justein View Post
    I bought my Samsung Galaxy S4, and now I am thinking about rooting it. If I root it, I am aware that my manufacturer warranty will be voided. Can anyone tell me of a company that covers rooted Android phones for 2 years? I also want a company that I can trust.
    I have never heard of this...

Samsung warranty will be void if you root. HOWEVER, you can always un-root and be OK. (EDITED... thanks to the below poster )

Global Posts
    4,297 Global Posts
    Carrier
    TNTC

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Samsung warranty will be void if you root. HOWEVER, you can always un-root and be OK.
    To be fair, you can't always unroot...

Once you root the device, the warranty is voided. You can usually circumvent this by unrooting (and making sure flash counter is set to zero, etc), and technically, that does work for most. However, if you complete brick your phone there's always a possibility that it won't be possible to do so.

Not advising against rooting (I do it to all my phones), but one should be aware of the consequences.
    SpookDroid likes this.

Just get a square trade warranty. If you brick your phone just smash it and get a replacement.

Only catch is once you use the warranty claim you warranty is listed then as fulfilled. You would have to buy the warranty again for the replacement phone.
    HPferoxCraft likes this.