Samsung Galaxy S4 Inductive Charging

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Please let us know what they say. For 49.99 I might try this but I wouldn't want to use it if it ment taking off my case every time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Got a reply back. As suspected, it will work with thinner cases but not thicker ones like mine or the otterbox. Does anyone know if the qiqi system works with thicker cases?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
How much longer is charging on the touchstone. Can you use the "Galaxy charging current" app to identify the power its receiving.

The Pres I used to have charged at about the same rate on the Touchstone

I can't wait till I get to put this one back to use!

CIMG0203.jpg

DSCN2564.jpg

There was a homebrew app called govnah that showed all kinds of things for WebOS. Does anyone know of one for jellybean?

uploadfromtaptalk1368751851307.jpg

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Got a reply back. As suspected, it will work with thinner cases but not thicker ones like mine or the otterbox. Does anyone know if the qiqi system works with thicker cases?

I have pretty much the same case as you, oh well.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Release the OEM wireless charging back already! Interesting the see the touchstone chargers and backs. They must have scored a bunch of them! I sure hope the OEM back is Qi compatible because that is the charging mat I have...

Tampaguy75

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Vasekvi, I use a bumper case, so the back is exposed. If I cover up the exposed back with sticky notes (5 notes thick), it will still charge, so a thin TPU case would probably still work with the touchstone.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Vasekvi, I use a bumper case, so the back is exposed. If I cover up the exposed back with sticky notes (5 notes thick), it will still charge, so a thin TPU case would probably still work with the touchstone.

Awesome. All I need in a case is for the camera to be protected when I set the phone down. I don't know why Samsung doesn't design better protection for the camera lens. The bumper case you have keeps the camera from touching when you set the phone down?

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying ot stick with Qi since I think that will be the standard going forward instead of touchstone. Plus if I ever decide to get the official cover from samsung I can still use the charging plates.

Tampaguy75

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Awesome. All I need in a case is for the camera to be protected when I set the phone down. I don't know why Samsung doesn't design better protection for the camera lens. The bumper case you have keeps the camera from touching when you set the phone down?

Yes, the bumper case I have lifts the back of the phone up just enough to keep the camera lens from making contact with the surface of whatever I sit it down on.

This is the bumper case I have:

Amazon.com: rooCASE Bumper Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV GS4 - TPU Black / Gray (Compatible with ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon): Cell Phones & Accessories

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the bumper case I have lifts the back of the phone up just enough to keep the camera lens from making contact with the surface of whatever I sit it down on.

Amazon.com: rooCASE Bumper Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV GS4 - TPU Black / Gray (Compatible with ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon): Cell Phones & Accessories

That's a good looking case. I might have to get that. If the back gets scratched I can always replace it.

Valkem

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Not yet, but coming... You'll need to buy a special backcover, though... In any case, why go Inductive? The charger is way too expensive, it is still attached to a power outlet or charging port, the phone still needs to be in contact with the cradle, and good luck if you want to use it comfortably while charging... I'd rather deal with a cable than with all that, IMHO

My first thoughts are multiple devices. Especially if you're talking about devices with different style ports. A charging mat on the coffee table or end table in the living room, so everyone in the family can drop multiple devices on it, no matter which plug they take. It would be nice to get rid of a few cables. Same for my bed side. If I get a smartwatch like the pebble, or agent. The agent is made for inductive charging. It would be nice to come in and drop the phone and watch on a charging stand/mat rather than have to plug everything in.

Public area's were they have charging stands or mats. I work in an area that provides charging for free to the public. There's a mess of wires, and I think it would be nice to see a charging mat or a few charging stands instead.

At this time we only have a few items in the house so I'm with you on cost versus benefit at this time. I can see a time rather soon where the benefits will be worth it. That and usually when the market increases we get to see costs come down.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I get your point, but just like with different charging ports (which, let's face it, in recent devices only Apple, some legacy Nokia, and some SonyEricsson devices ditched the microUSB port), induction chargers are not compatible with every device that supports inductive charging. Ask anyone who's tried to use the Touchstone or the Qi with a generic modification...

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It is an inefficient way to charge a phone (uses more electricity), and the hardware is much more expensive ($30 - $40 compared to a $10 plug-in).
That being said, it was one of the coolest things on my Palm Pre, and I had a Touchstone at my office, and another on the kitchen counter. Sign me up.

Electricity isn't an issue its a dollar a year or less.
We find we like the cool factor as well, and with multiple devices to charge in that location. It frees up the Usb 's for the non Qi devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dbergin

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got an email update from wiqiqi about their indiegogo campaign that I purchased from, they said products should be shipping Friday or Saturday, I bought the charging mat and receiver for my s4, I'll update when I get it.

Posted via Android Central App

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

I got this Belkin case with my Fry's Electronics employee discount for $15. Looks very similar. Very happy with it. Gonna order the film soon and will report back with video!

uploadfromtaptalk1369864522913.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1369864554850.jpg

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463