Anyone interested in the rumored Galaxy S4 Google Edition with Stock Android?

etbooker

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I know, I know, it's just a rumor but it's interesting nonetheless. Any opinions?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

gruppe3942#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I know, I know, it's just a rumor but it's interesting nonetheless. Any opinions?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

I doubt it is true but I think each manufacture should put out an android pure phone. I think it would sell better than their skinned version.

I'm addicted to the phone

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
If it runs stock Android, maintains some of the new features, carries the Exynos 5 Octa, ships with 64GB internal, and is sold straight from Samsung unlocked? Sure.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the Google nexus and I wasn't impressed, TBH I like Touchwiz & Sense. This was before I learned about Nova Launcher Prime last year, it's all I use. My S4 & One laster a few days before I installed Prime.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow! Looking forward to a Verizon network supported 64gb version! You KNOW it is coming! Hey, is that a tasty bug crawling on the wall?! Mmm! Delish! :)

Maybe it will be an octa!

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it is true but I think each manufacture should put out an android pure phone. I think it would sell better than their skinned version.

I disagree. Although skins like touchwiz and Sense are bloated, they make Android much more user friendly to those that have very little experience with the OS. They have apps and features that people with stock Android would go find in the play store. Nexus sales have never been anything to write home about because it seems people prefer the look and feel of other skins. I however, prefer stock Android over anything and I'd gladly take an S4 with it........... that's why I'm going to eventually flash it anyway LOL.

gruppe3942#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I disagree. Although skins like touchwiz and Sense are bloated, they make Android much more user friendly to those that have very little experience with the OS. They have apps and features that people with stock Android would go find in the play store. Nexus sales have never been anything to write home about because it seems people prefer the look and feel of other skins. I however, prefer stock Android over anything and I'd gladly take an S4 with it........... that's why I'm going to eventually flash it anyway LOL.

I disagree:)
Phones such as the nexus line are not marketed on the same level as say Samsung phones. Besides that, when the most recent nexus phone was release what carriers carried it? Not very many.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I used to be a pure Android enthusiast but over the last 3 years I have actually grown accustomed to touchwiz and prefer the added features that it offers. I grew tired of flashing ROMs constantly trying to find something that I either liked or that worked correctly as well.

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Watching the announcement I was actually hoping it would be an Android update allowing users to disable skins and make the phone stock, so long as the manufacturer created it following a specific set of APIs rather than hard coding the changes.

A Software Engineer can dream.

Sent from my shattered, re-stocked VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums