Upside down photos

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
This has to do with 2 things. One if you are taking the photos in Landscape mode and able to use the volume buttons depending on your phone to take the pics, they need to be to the bottom. The main thing is the viewing software in the program you are opening them in. All you have to do because most viewing software will allow you rotate the photos is simply do that. Just hit control and click on all the ones at once you want to rotate to the proper position and this will take care of that. Same complaint by the way even with iPhone users.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The shutter button should be on the right in landscape. If it's on the left, you're upside down. I bet lefthanders have more upside down photos than others.

garry1bowie

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
You're spot on! Thank you! Opening them up in Outlook which does let me rotate them no bother.
This has to do with 2 things. One if you are taking the photos in Landscape mode and able to use the volume buttons depending on your phone to take the pics, they need to be to the bottom. The main thing is the viewing software in the program you are opening them in. All you have to do because most viewing software will allow you rotate the photos is simply do that. Just hit control and click on all the ones at once you want to rotate to the proper position and this will take care of that. Same complaint by the way even with iPhone users.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess what.....I had the shutter button on the left!!! Thanks.
The shutter button should be on the right in landscape. If it's on the left, you're upside down. I bet lefthanders have more upside down photos than others.

Cameo McRoberts

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, and I am left handed, but! When Irrotate them and share them to another program they flip back. OR I open a photo to an editing site (that appears right side up) but when I share to fb or save to gallery it is upside down, if I'veadded text or filters they aappear right side up. Very frustrating! Any ideas. From this point I'll remember the right left thing.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem, and I am left handed, but! When Irrotate them and share them to another program they flip back. OR I open a photo to an editing site (that appears right side up) but when I share to fb or save to gallery it is upside down, if I'veadded text or filters they aappear right side up. Very frustrating! Any ideas. From this point I'll remember the right left thing.

This is a common issue with a LOT of cell phones. Embedded into the data of the digital pictures is info that tells the picture viewing software which end is 'up'. By default, pictures taken on the S4 are intended to be taken in landscape mode with the home button to the right. When taken in portrait mode or with the home button to left, the picture will appear right-side up when taking it, however the phone adjust this info in the properties of the picture itself, so when viewed after the fact, most viewers will have no way of knowing that the phone wasn't held in the "default" position. Normally, simply "rotating" the pic when viewing doesn't fix it either...you need to use editing software to rotate the pic and save the new configuration, and I've found that even then it can be frustrating getting pics to appear in their correct orientation.

Would be nice if the S4 could correctly tag the orientation of pictures when taken based on the position of the gyroscope/accelerometer, but it doesn't. The last 5 phones I've owned, all from different manufacturers, didn't. I've just gotten used to "holding it the 'right' way".

Jon Faust

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S4 is a piece of **** when it comes to taking pics and video. I'm left handed and they come out upside down and tech support does not have a fix for it. I will never buy a Samsung product AGAIN!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38