1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question about customizing Galaxy S4 Homescreen

Hello all, I've been looking for an answer to this, but I don't even know what things are called in order to search for answers.

I just got an S4, and I'm looking for a way to get rid of the indicator above the bottommost icons. It shows the home page with little dots to the side for all the other pages. It takes up enough space to add an entire row of icons, it seems to me. And it's rather useless. I know what page I'm on. I'd love to claim this real estate without hacking my rom or doing anything crazy.

Any ideas or solutions? And what do you call that indicator? I don't even know the name of it to aid my searching.

Thanks!

Default Re: Question about customizing Galaxy S4 Homescreen

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Howey View Post
    Hello all, I've been looking for an answer to this, but I don't even know what things are called in order to search for answers.

I just got an S4, and I'm looking for a way to get rid of the indicator above the bottommost icons. It shows the home page with little dots to the side for all the other pages. It takes up enough space to add an entire row of icons, it seems to me. And it's rather useless. I know what page I'm on. I'd love to claim this real estate without hacking my rom or doing anything crazy.

Any ideas or solutions? And what do you call that indicator? I don't even know the name of it to aid my searching.

Thanks!
    You cannot do anything about it on the stock launcher. If you install another launcher like launcher pro, nova, etc.... then you have more options to customize the homescreens including adding more icons and scrollable dock and such.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Go launcher has been my favorite for a few years. Crazy customizable and fast.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I call it a page indicator.

Posted via Android Central App

So what's the difference between the to? Will the Google version have air gestures, nfc and all? I'm considering returning my GS4 from tmobile to have the newest one.

Wrong thread my bad