1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Shattered screen on Galaxy S4 today

Dropped it from a couple of feet onto commercial carpet today and screen shattered. Wow this is a delicate phone! Phone still works but unusable as it is shedding glass shards now. So to say the least I am very bummed.

Anyone know of repair options? Called a local place and they said $450 to replace the screen..... yea not going to happen at anywhere close to that price.

Maybe prices will come down as parts become more available..... for now it goes in a box and back to the iPhone 5.

BTW: I don't have insurance, and if I did it would be $200 deductible, The AT&T rep was trying to convince me to added it and wait a few days, I think that is referred to as Insurance Fraud!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Default Re: Shattered screen on Galaxy S4 today

Quote Originally Posted by firedoug View Post
    Dropped it from a couple of feet onto commercial carpet today and screen shattered. Wow this is a delicate phone! Phone still works but unusable as it is shedding glass shards now. So to say the least I am very bummed.

Anyone know of repair options? Called a local place and they said $450 to replace the screen..... yea not going to happen at anywhere close to that price.

Maybe prices will come down as parts become more available..... for now it goes in a box and back to the iPhone 5.

BTW: I don't have insurance, and if I did it would be $200 deductible, The AT&T rep was trying to convince me to added it and wait a few days, I think that is referred to as Insurance Fraud!
    Replacement parts are pretty few at the moment with the phone being so new, so the only thing I could suggest is to put a screen protector on it and keep on keepin on. What the AT&T rep is suggesting is in fact insurance fraud. Many people do it and get away with it, but it is still immoral.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Next time get this!:
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Just found these guys:

$250 they pay shipping both ways.

The square deal is $100 plus $100 deductible. I know this is on me, but I adhere to the self insurance philosophy on electronics.

Should have had a screen protector over it. Mine fell naked a few days ago before I put the screen protector onto to tile floor... was just a couple feet too and nothing happened to it, lucky me. I have insurance on mine just in case of course. Mine has a case and a screen protector now, I don't like having my phone naked.

Like you said screen protector is essential!But you also need a strong case!
    Take a look at this one,my S4 now is almost indistructible with it